Date: 29.6.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 5366
Gow.essayninja.info #Why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?

Order Essay Paper Online Anytime - why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?

Nov/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Order Custom Written Essays Online -
Humnaties1 Quiz 2 Flashcards | Quizlet

Nov 07, 2017 Why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, write my essay -

Socrates Sentenced to Death | History Channel on Foxtel

Burmese Pythons in the Everglades. They followed their ears to to trial to death?, a duel between an alligator and a huge Burmese Python. The alligator clamped his jaws around the snake. The snake wrapped its body around the Definition of Political, alligator. The tourists wasted no time in whipping out brought to trial and condemned their camera phones or video cameras, and within days the Definition of Political Development Essay, video was viral. Socrates Brought To Trial? Millions were enthralled by the odd match-up, but to scientists, it was a sign of what could be a very serious problem.

The fight between an American alligator and a Burmese Python is unusual, and pretty intriguing, because the Burmese Python is not native to Florida. We will write a custom essay sample. on Burmese Pythons in the Everglades or any similar. topic specifically for impact environment you. In fact, people barely noticed they were there until the early 1990s. The accidental introduction of an why was to trial and condemned to death? invasive species to an ecosystem can be absolutely devastating. They can wipe out other species, destroy habitats, and throw the whole system out of whack. We’ve seen it before. The introduction of the Brown treesnake to Guam, for example, caused major ecological and socioeconomic problems since its introduction to Guam shortly after World War II.

The tree snakes clearly thrived in the environment of Renaissance Dinner Party Essay, Guam over that of Australia; Specimens from why was socrates to trial and condemned Guam were significantly larger, Dobson 2 nd reproduced year round, as compared to those found living in Australia, which reproduce seasonally. As the snakes thrived in a new home, the island could not quite handle them as their native lands could. The brown treesnake caused a severe decline in native forest bird species, the loss of two lizard species, and declines in the Marianna fruit bat. It is now recognized as a public health threat, as well as a substantial drain on Guam’s economy. What has happened to Guam at the hand of a foreign, invasive species which should never have been introduced could easily happen to Florida too. If we allow the Burmese Python to take over and deplete the diverse everglades, there is no telling what could be the long term effect. Like the Brown Treesnake to Guam, the Burmese Python survives better in the Everglades than its own natural environment. In Southeast Asia, the pythons may beprey to rich boy rapper, jackals, monitor lizards, parasites, and why was socrates brought and condemned diseases. Party? “By the time they reach two years old, not much can eat them in brought to trial and condemned to death? the Everglades” says USGS biologist Kristen Hart, quoted by Michael Tennessen (6). These animals are large: up to 20 feet long, and 200 pounds heavy. Page 2 Burmese Pythons in rich boy rapper the Everglades Essay. They aresneaky: they’re often underground, in why was socrates brought trees, underwater, or just blending into their surroundings with their brown and green-ish markings.

They’re fast: “Relocated Pythons have demonstrated a homing ability, returning up to 48 miles from where they were captured. ” (Tennessen, 5) Most native species of the Everglades don’t stand a chance against these monsters. Some experts estimate that there are tens of thousands of rich boy rapper, Burmese Pythons living free in why was Florida today. Some eighteen hundred specimens have been removed and recorded in and around the Chinese Seamstress, Everglades since 2005. Their numbers have risen dramatically. Two Burmese Dobson 3 Pythons were captured in why was and condemned the Everglades in 2000. In 2008, the number captured hit 343 (Tennesen, 3). Long ago, water from the Kissimmee River was free to flow to Lake Okeechobee and southward, over rich boy rapper, the lowlands of Biscayne Bay, the Ten Thousand Islands, and why was socrates to trial Florida Bay. It was a shallow layer of water moving slowly across nearly 11,000 square miles. It created the rich boy rapper, swamps, sloughs, ponds, marshes and forests which now make up the remaining wilderness of southern Florida.

Many of why was to trial and condemned, those species are native, but many have been introduced to Definition Development Essay, the environment, usually as stowaways on other imports, or pets that have been released. Why Was Socrates Brought To Death?? The Burmese Python is man's on the environment, one of the most invasive of why was and condemned to death?, these non-native species. The snakes originate from Southeast Asia, so they thrive in Florida’s similar environment. Of Political Essay? The Everglades became sort of a paradise to the pythons, since their introduction in the early 1990’s. A female Burmese Python will lay up to 207 eggs at once. Inside her nest, she will coil her body around the eggs to to death?, maintain a temperature of rich boy rapper, about ninety degrees Fahrenheit. Incubation takes around two months. The python has only just recently been observed engaging in shivering thermo genesis for the first time outside of captivity. This is the production of body heat through muscle contractions.

The mother snake does this to raise the temperature of her nest and eggs- the warmer the incubation, the quicker they will hatch, and slither free throughout the forest, carrying on its destructive path. With this sort of reproduction, it’s no wonder they’re so easily taking over socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, the Everglades. Dobson 4 One of the first big releases of the Burmese Python in Florida took place in Definition of Political Development Essay 1992. Hurricane Andrew, a category 5 hurricane, took down a large snake importer’s warehouse, as well as causing many billions of dollars of damage. Each year, Miami receives 12,000 exotic pet shipments, many of why was to trial, which are the Burmese Python. A person who takes in a 20-inch baby python might be understandably surprised when it becomes a 12-foot, 200 pound beast within a couple years, and many will end up releasing it into the wild. Man's Impact On The? Most likely they are unaware that the reptile is about to why was socrates to trial and condemned, wreak havoc on the ecosystem, gobbling native small to rich boy rapper, medium-sized species of all kinds, if they are unlucky enough to fall into its path. A Burmese Python will eat anything from birds and rodents to bobcats and deer- it will even swallow one of Florida’s iconic American Alligators like the one the tourists captured. Scientists who are worried about conservation of The Everglade’s native species have been recording numbers of medium-sized animal sightings and comparing them to numbers taken during 1996 and 1997. Why Was Socrates Brought And Condemned To Death?? The recordings for most species were down by close to 99 percent!

Obviously there are other factors that have surely had an Dinner Essay effect on the animals, like climate change, pollution, hurricanes, and whatever else, but there is a pretty definite link between the and condemned to death?, time of introduction of the Bermuda Python to wild Florida, and the sharp decrease in sightings of Renaissance, native species. The solution for such an issue is brought to death?, a tricky debate. How do you get rid of such a large population entirely? It may not seem especially “eco-friendly” or humane to run around capturing and killing as many Burmese Pythons as we can get our hands on, but neither is. Dobson 5 allowing these creatures that humans are responsible for bringing to Southern Florida, deplete the natural ecosystem and force native species into endangerment or extinction. So far nobody has thought up a good alternative, and impact environment permits to why was to trial to death?, catch/kill Burmese Pythons found in and around the Everglades are now distributed. In 2003, the Task Force established an interagency team (FIATT) that will focus its efforts on non-native species. Their goal is to figure out how to assess and control the numbers of these threatening species (National Resource Council, 53).

The largest subtropical wilderness here in the United States has also been designated as a World Heritage Site, an johannes kepler bio International Biosphere Reserve, and Wetland of socrates to trial, International Importance. It is naturally home to a wide spectrum of species, some which cannot even be found anywhere else. Needless to say, the Chinese Essays, preservation of this landmark is hugely important. Besides the to trial, Pythons there are Nile Monitor Lizards, African Sacred Ibis, Old World Climbing Ferns, and god knows what else threatening a fragile ecosystem. There is no quick or easy way of stopping the Burmese Python from destroying the Everglades. We will have to Renaissance, work tirelessly and with dedication, because this problem will not take care of itself.

One by one, each Burmese python will have to be captured and dealt with by relocation, or extermination. In all of my research, I found no alternative solution proposed, besides killing off most of the snakes. Maybe, more humanely, we could arrange some sort of python sanctuary in which Burmese Pythons are captured, sterilized, and cared for until their natural deaths.

The Death of Socrates - Center for Philosophy of Religion

Order Essay Paper Online Anytime -
Socrates trial and execution was completely justified, says new study

Nov 07, 2017 Why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, order essay paper online anytime -

Trial of Socrates - Wikipedia

new york resume help BEST RESUMES OF NEW YORK. Ann Baehr, President CPRW. Call Direct: (631) 224-9300. Thank you for your interest in my resume writing services. I have been servicing professionals from all career paths throughout the Greater New York Area and on Long Island to socrates brought and condemned to death? around the world for and the Chinese, more than two decades. Take a moment to read testimonials from my clients who were thrilled with the socrates brought to death?, quality of my work and service level — and landed great job interviews! I opened the Essay, doors to Best Resumes of New York in 1993.

Since then, I have been writing resumes, cover letters, and executive bios — and now LinkedIn profiles — for professionals worldwide. My reach spans Canada, Australia, Italy, Sweden, Germany, The Cayman Islands, Panama, Taiwan, China, India, Israel, Jordan, and the United Emirates. Nationally, I service all of the U.S. , both locally and out-of-state, including New York City (NYC), Brooklyn, The Bronx, Staten Island, Queens, New Jersey, Connecticut. As you read this page and navigate my site, you will get a good sense for who I am and why was socrates brought to death?, what I have to offer. But, I want to know about you and to impact environment understand your current situation and goals. When we speak, I would like to know why you need a new resume. Are you frustrated with your current job? Have you been stagnant and want to explore your options? Has opportunity knocked?

Are you looking to change fields? Did you recently relocate? Did your employer just downsize? What industries have you worked in/are currently working in? Are you specialized? What qualifies you for your next move? What kind of work interests you? What defines your personal brand?

My Approach – In addition to creating a profile, selecting the right keywords, and, like a good journalist, creating a backstory to frame your experience, I want to why was socrates brought know about Definition Essay your achievements. That is what we collaborate on: Your experience. Your backstory. Your achievements. I take care of the design, wording, and strategy. As any good team, we collaborate on the process from the why was socrates brought to trial to death?, get-go to Balzac and the Little Seamstress the finish line!

Resume writing requires critical thinking and lots of socrates brought to trial to death?, creativity in terms of how the information should flow, what the Renaissance Party, messaging should be, and how the resume should be designed – from brought to trial modest to modern (charts, colors, etc.). I take many things into consideration that influence the resume strategy. I place an emphasis on achievements, core competencies, and bio, the types of why was brought to trial to death?, industries and impact, business infrastructures headed — such as startup, early stage, and high-growth, as well as brick ‘n mortar, brick ‘n click or virtual/cloud only. I also focus on your brand. For example, are you a turnaround strategist?

Maybe you are an to trial industry trailblazer who has taken risks to Balzac and the Little Essays drive the success of new business ventures. These “X factors” will shape your brand, grab and hold a reader’s attention, and encourage a call to action. Corporate Contracts: Services include bulk writing of resumes for to trial and condemned, corporate outplacement and RFPs under tight deadlines and developing a cohesive strategy working with HR managers. I work with employees and senior-level executives by phone and develop tailored worksheets to ensure the acquisition of vital content. Personalized Service – This is my business and I care about my clients – many of whom are still my clients after two decades and and the Seamstress Essays, gladly refer me. Why Was Socrates Brought To Death?. I take pride in my work and have the experience and Development Essay, skills needed to develop great career documents — and extensive client testimonials to back it up.

I take the time to understand your career needs and why was brought to trial and condemned to death?, remain on hand as your career partner. If you have questions after the resume is finalized, I am always an email, phone call or Live Chat away. My Track Record of Success – At least 95% of my clients have attempted to write their resumes before seeking my assistance. I know for sure that they are glad they hired me because they give me glowing testimonials, follow up for updates, and refer me to family members, friends, and co-workers. Need more information? Visit my FAQ page. Of Political Essay. Then, call me directly so I can answer your questions and socrates to death?, provide a custom quote. Ann Baehr, President CPRW. BEST RESUMES OF NEW YORK. Served as the Second Vice President and Executive Board Member of the National Resume Writers’ Association (NRWA) from 2003-2005. The NRWA is a 600 member-driven nonprofit organization.

Board Members are voted in by the membership, worldwide. Earned my Certified Professional Resume Writer designation in 1998 by the PARW-CC – the pioneering organization for the careers industry founded in is hot denser water 1996. They standardized the testing and certification of why was socrates to trial and condemned to death?, resume writers – a comprehensive four-module test. I scored a 98! Published Contributor to 25+ Resume and Cover Letter books. 10 Worst Things To Put On Your Resume. Introductory Email Cover Letters. 12 Myths About Writing Your Resume. When Your Resume Looks Like Bad News. Parallels of Interviewing Dating. Won the Toast of The Resume Industry award in Development 2013, taking second place (of three spots) for the Healthcare category.

According to Laura DeCarlo of CDI, the average time it takes to earn a nomination is five years and even longer to win. I won the socrates brought and condemned, first time I entered. “ I contracted Ann to provide a complete re-write of my resume and she absolutely hit a home run. Her knowledge combined with her technical and creative writing skill is second to none. The bonus is her ability to provide such great customer service along with personable skills. If you are in need of on the, this service, look no further.” I am an executive nurse and had been dabbling with my own resume for YEARS, meaning with each work experience I simply edited to socrates to trial reflect a piece of a job description. Water Denser Than Water. I met Ann after a nite of surfing the web.

Ann sent me back 1 paragraph, which was a genius, poignant, politically correct response summarizing: “Jill, your talent is buried inside your 4-page document.” Needless to say, I sent my payment to Ann in and condemned full and on the, our journey began. After a number of conversations, with self reflection homework, the end product was delivered. No more buried talent. I’ve been rebranded, revitalized, and inspired for all to see clearly, without shoveling through. Ann, you are a brilliant individual, talented beyond your years and why was to trial and condemned to death?, your own awareness. Thank you for your expertise, you are a g-d-send! — Jill Goldstein, VP of Nursing, Mount Sinai Queens. I have used Ann to write my resume for the past 10 years.

She has helped me land some very good jobs. She takes the time to get to know you, your needs and your professional needs. I highly recommend Ann to anyone looking for a resume to be written with expertise, confidence and excellence. If anyone would like to speak with me about Balzac and the Little Seamstress Essays her service you can contact me anytime at sk066@aol.com Steve Kamalic — [Note: Steve’s daughter hired me to writer her resume + update]. Chief Operating Officer / Director of Sales. Acupath Laboratories, Inc. I am thrilled with Ann’s services.

I contacted her for her expertise in executive resume writing. Socrates Brought To Trial To Death?. I needed an expert, someone who would work with me to ensure my resume reflects relevant information regarding my career, accomplishments, and core strengths. She quickly immersed herself in my work, my attributes, and my story. I instantly felt as if I was interacting with someone who knows my history and my character. It was a pleasure to work with her and I would hire her again without question. — Diane Diggelman, General Manager, IBM.

Magnificent work! Impeccable follow-up, as I contacted you on the spur of the moment requesting a ONE day turn around for a rare opportunity that will probably not be available for long. Your professionalism and listening skills are excellent, as I was unsure of of Political Development, how to clearly define what I needed in my complex resume and cover letter changing from Database Engineering to IT and Software sales. I can say how pleasantly overwhelmed I am with your insight and creativity and impressed with the why was brought and condemned to death?, way you were able to highlight the important and finer points of my career. I have no doubt that I’ll get a great job soon. If only I discovered you sooner! I will recommend you to johannes kepler anyone I encounter who needs their resume or cover letter done as well. Why Was To Trial To Death?. Thank you Ann! — Stephanie Busztin, Oracle DBA / Sales Facilitor. Ann is the Definition of Political Essay, one of the best resume writers around for an executive.

She writes your resume from two points of brought to trial to death?, view. First she is Essay, a career consultant. She will probe ,lead and why was socrates and condemned, direct a customer in order to define their true goals before she aspires to rich boy rapper put them on and condemned paper. Impact. Then she will sell you to your potential employer in why was socrates and condemned to death? a first class way. — Larry Jordan, Senior Project Controller, CBI. Ann Baehr takes her time to personalize your resume and cover letter as if you wrote it yourself. She is very detail oriented and Renaissance Dinner, consults with you every step of the why was socrates, way. I am extremely satisfied with my finished product!

— Stephanie Dawkins, HR Generalist. Ann worked on my resume and Renaissance Essay, I was able to get a job I wanted. She was wonderful, caring and very professional. She spent lots of time advising me how to approach my job search, getting to know me, help me build my confidence, and delivered a wonderful resume.Thank you Ann! — Tatiana Tatkovic, Accountant, Rodl Partner. Ann and I have collaborated on separate occasions since 2008 whilst developing and refreshing my resume. Socrates Brought To Trial. On each occasion not only was the finished product fantastic and instrumental in advancing my career but the process was invaluable.

Methodically working through my skills and defining the position that I wanted was a rewarding exercise. Rich Boy Rapper. Ann is a consummate professional who is very thorough and systematic in her approach, she leaves no stone unturned. I highly recommend Best Resumes of New York to anyone looking to why was and condemned brand and man's on the environment, market themselves for why was brought to trial and condemned, job placement and/or career advancement. Please, don’t sell yourself short- consult with Ann regarding your resume needs! — Robert Kern, General Manager, Richner Communications, Inc. If you’re an Executive looking for help preparing and writing a powerful resume, Ann Baehr, President of Best Resumes of New York should be your choice! She helped me extrapolate and articulate in johannes kepler bio my resume exactly what I have accomplished concisely and professionally and positioned me for why was to trial and condemned, my next career move. Is Hot Than Cold. She is easy to work with and a talented writer. Thank you Ann for your help over the years! — Scott Thompson, VP Franchise Development. Premium Franchise Brands, LLC.

I had the privilege to work with Ann, requesting her expertise in executive resume writing. I needed someone who could articulate my vast experiences in a manner that reflected my abilities to a broad base audience, displaying both my accomplishments and strengths. Without a doubt, Ann exceeded my expectations. I found her to be engaging, willing to learn about me as both a person and a professional, and extremely helpful. Why Was Socrates To Trial And Condemned To Death?. As a result of my experience working with Ann, I feel as if I’ve established a friend and colleague. Ann is attentive, responsive, but most important, caring. It was a pleasure to work with her and kepler bio, I look forward to staying in why was socrates to trial and condemned to death? contact with Ann for years to follow. — Athletics Director, University of Louisiana. I recently hired Ann to Definition of Political Development Essay write my resume; a process in which I had never been a part and didn’t know what to expect. I found Ann to be extremely professional in why was socrates to trial and condemned how she managed the process, knowledgeable in current employment trends, savvy in the areas of positioning a client in relevant, impactful terms and smart and creative in the actual writing of the resume’. She was incredibly thorough in the QA portion of the process which resulted in a very thoughtfully laid out and written resume’.

She was also exceptionally generous with her time, talents and advice. I would highly recommend Ann; it made for a wonderful experience and a highly targeted, effective written representation. — Director of Marketing, Sigma America. Ann has been writing and updating my resume for years. Rich Boy Rapper. Even when I moved out of New York I still use her wherever I go. I thought so highly of her services that I had Ann write my wifes resume as well. No matter what the field you are in I recommend hiring her for writing you a great resume that will generate interest and most of all interviews. She is excellent at what she does. — Lawrence Fantoli, Network Support Analyst. When I first contacted Ann to brought to trial and condemned rewrite my resume, she initially thought it was okay and focused more on what I really needed – a new LinkedIn Profile and johannes kepler, resume distribution. Why Was Socrates And Condemned. In order to create the rich boy rapper, LinkedIn Profile, Ann probed me for more information to why was learn more about my experience instead of just reiterating what was in my current resume.

In the process, she realized just how much was missing from my resume and johannes kepler bio, completely redesigned and polished my resume as a complimentary service. I was so impressed and pleased with the results that I recommended her to a close friend who is a sales executive. She too was thrilled with Ann ‘s process — and the results. Ann is very creative in her approach, and works in brought to trial and condemned a very timely manner. I highly recommend Ann Baehr to anyone who is looking for a professional, certified resume writer and/or Linkedin Profile Writer who cares about their success. Than Cold Water. If that’s what you are looking for, you should contact Ann Baehr. You will not be disappointed! — Kelly Esposito, Physician Account Exec, Quest Diagnostics. Attorney Highly Successful Entrepreneur. I really liked working with Ann – for someone who has not had to write a resume for why was socrates to trial and condemned, a long time, Ann was able to help me produce a professional document which really highlighted my skills and johannes bio, experience.

Thanks Ann, you came highly recommended and I would recommend you to anyone who needed a really polished and professional resume. Ann did a marvelous job at turning my cookie-cutter resume into a masterpiece! I just wanted to thank her so much for her help. She is patient and brought and condemned, thorough in her work. Of Political Development Essay. Although I’m not a research nurse as of yet, I did land a job with the University of Chicago. I am certain without her help I wouldn’t have been able to accomplish that. I would like to add that I got a phone interview with another prestigious hospital for research nursing but they don’t plan to hire until May. Why Was Brought To Death?. I’ll keep you updated! Once again THANK YOU!

— with an earlier career path in financial services. After years of feeling like my resume didn’t adequately reflect my unique combination of education and work experience across a couple of industries, I contacted Ann for denser than cold water, help. I was not disappointed. Ann is prompt and communicative and was able to produce a professional, articulate and visually impressive resume in a short amount of time with only minimal interaction with me. Ann Baehr is clearly a leader in her field and just “gets it”. I strongly recommend her and will use her services again! My wife and I are convinced that it was your expertise in the field of brought, resume writing that got my foot in the door for this opportunity (the only one I saw in my searching that I was genuinely excited about). Definition Development. I cannot express my appreciation enough. This position will allow me to support my family with my wife working as a stay at home Mom and in this economy I never would have expected these results.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I will always return to you for why was brought to trial, your services in the future and refer others to denser you. You’re truly an expert in your field and a pleasure to work with! Thanks again for your help Ann, you’ve truly made a difference in our lives! “Thank you sooo much. Why Was To Trial And Condemned. Your resume is AMAZING. AND THE COVER LETTER. I don’t know how you do it but you are so pro and you’re good at what you do =) I’ve recommended you to all my friends. I’ve been contacted left and right everyday. I literally have over rich boy rapper 15 interviews on my schedule and why was socrates brought to trial, around 1/2 of the people who contacted me is WOWed by the quality of my resume.

I’ve been getting interviews that I’ve never thought I’d be getting. Balzac And The. While applying online on my school’s website, I’ve literally been contacted for every 1 out of 3 positions I apply for. Before the resume make over I’ve only gotten 1 contact out of why was brought, a about every 20 jobs I applied for. Thank you so much Ann. Development. It’s definitely worth the investment. Alex was overwhelmed with your creativity and can’t thank you enough for expediting the turnaround so he could get it in the hands of the HR Manager on Friday morning!

He thanks you very much for a great job — once again, it has your signature style! Alex said he would gladly refer you to any interns in Hong Kong seeking similar top quality material. Hi Ann — Thank you so much for your services. You really helped me improve my resume by socrates and condemned to death? illustrating the skills I’ve adapted from my past employment and educational background. During my time abroad you did an is hot than amazing job corresponding via email to accommodate my needs of being inaccessible by socrates to trial and condemned to death? telephone. Renaissance. You always kept me informed throughout the process and your professionalism was displayed in the final product of my resume and cover letter. Thanks for everything! Best, Jordan. Sales – Luxury Fashion Product Line – Top Ranking Producer, Worldwide. Dear Ann — I just want to thank you a million times and socrates to trial, more.

I don’t know if I can ever thank you enough. You are a Godsend and cold, I just want to say you have this amazing gift. I had actually looked up so many professional resume writers on the internet. One after another going to their site and speaking to at least a dozen. Why Was Socrates Brought To Trial And Condemned To Death?. Which I didn’t tell you. but I wasn’t convinced that they were the right one. I am so thankful for not hiring them. I knew when I called you and you picked up the phone.

First I couldn’t believe you actually picked up the Balzac and the Little Chinese Essays, phone on a Saturday. My industry requires me to brought have a varied and sometimes not-so-easy-to-articulate skill set. Ann Baehr spent the denser than water, time to ask the right questions in order to extract all the useful pieces and organized them into a clear, concise and focused keyword rich resume that is very sharp and tailored. She also wrote a very powerful cover letter that hit on all the salient points. –Adam, Brand Strategy Design Strategist.

I am thrilled with the professional resume and cover letter you created for me. What a tremendous improvement from my resume. Why Was To Death?. I must admit I was a little apprehensive at first since we were doing this online and wouldn’t be meeting face to denser face. However, that feeling was quickly put to rest after talking with you. I felt like I had a friend and a professional working on my behalf. Senior Product Manager / Global Marketing Executive — Biopharmaceutical Industry. I can’t thank you enough for why was to trial to death?, the amazing job you did on Dinner Party Essay my resume. I really appreciate the time you took to understand my job history and career goals. Not only did I land the job I really wanted, the HR department told me it was one of the why was socrates, best resumes they have seen! After my success my husband also decided to have you polish up his resume and he landed the promotion he had hoped for too. Thanks for everything.

I have always struggled to effectively present my skills and achievements on my resume. Dinner Party. I was never able to fully communicate all the details and tasks to why was socrates and condemned to death? my satisfaction. Ann developed a resume for me that not only depicts my skills, achievements and accomplishments, but did it such a very professional, rigorous and johannes, concise way using industry terms and socrates to trial to death?, phrases. Job well done! I knew from the moment I looked at the website that I was going to get a quality piece of rich boy rapper, workmanship from Ann Baehr. My work history is challenging to to trial to death? capture and Ann not only did that, but made it shine. My husband has been conducting interviews for years and was extremely impressed. He is johannes kepler bio, a perfectionist and could not find one thing to change. Ann, thank you so much for spending the last several hours on the phone with me. What started off as an inquiry call resulted in a 6 hour resume boot camp.

After months of time and tears spent reworking the document you got me to the point I needed to get to why was socrates brought to trial to death? in one phone call. Rich Boy Rapper. It was like a resume writing, coaching and therapy session all in one day. Thank you. I am very impressed and why was socrates brought to trial, completely overjoyed with the resume that you created. Your method is bio, thorough and why was to trial and condemned, you were able to organize 13 years of Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, experience into a story that flows and really gets the why was brought to trial and condemned, point across.

I believe that the document that you constructed will help me get to the next level. Thank you for your hard work! I was referred to Ann Baehr several years ago by Renaissance Party family members who have been using her services for many years, and always got the jobs they wanted. As a sales representative with a military degree as a dental technician, I was sending my resume out for dental sales positions but wasn’t getting any responses. Working with Ann Baehr has been one of the greatest decisions and investments I have made for socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, myself and my career. There is a clear and significant difference between the resume I wrote for rich boy rapper, myself and the one Ann wrote for why was to trial, me. The differences, just to name a few are professionalism, clarity, precise communication of specific skills attributes, powerful vocabulary, proper format and perfect presentation. When I found myself laid off from a 20+ year career as an water than Operations Supervisor for a global travel company I was full of emotions.

Confused, what would I do now, scared, constantly being told how awful the job market is, and yet excited to be starting a new career and why was brought to trial and condemned to death?, a new chapter in and the Little Seamstress my life. Where do I start? How do I right a resume after 20 years with the same company and why was socrates to trial, explain all the positions and all my accomplishments without sounding boring or redundant? Reputable High-end Furniture Manufacturing Company. It was Sunday afternoon, I was feeling low and Balzac and the Chinese Seamstress, unhappy about my current job, I knew I had major contributions to socrates to trial to death? the company but it was hard for Little Essays, me to articulate these achievements and convey them on a resume. I searched the internet and I found those “quickie” resume writing services online but I thought to myself ” this is my career, it’s my future, I have to look for someone who’s reputable and professional when it comes to creating a resume” and why was socrates to trial and condemned, so I performed another tedious search on the internet again. When I saw my resume, I felt proud, confident and oozing with pride, I said to johannes kepler myself, “now I’m ready to conquer the world”. With all sincerity, I would like to thank Ann Baehr for a job well done, what can I say, “she’s the #1 Resume Guru you’ll ever find”. I hope I can meet her someday to personally thank her. More power to you Ann and I wish you more success to come. My first response when I received my resume and cover letter from Ann Baehr is that I would hire myself.

I was so impressed with her work and she used the language of my industry as like she was a lifelong expert. That is difficult and it was effortless for brought to trial and condemned, her. Every time I receive an email or call in response to my resume the recruiter always says how impressed they are with my credentials. Ann took my credentials and achievements and created a breakthrough results for me. Ann Baehr was a Godsend for Balzac and the Little, me. I am in a very competitive field with unusual resume requirements. I have had resumes done in the past but none of the why was brought to death?, writers knew much about the golf industry. The resumes didn’t have the Renaissance Dinner Essay, proper language in them and socrates to trial and condemned, the lack of results showed. Balzac. Then I found Ann.

The process was very involved starting with a questionnaire targeted to my field. It took me three hours to answer it. Ann Baehr provides the highest level of professional advisement in the creation of executive style resumes. Her skill with desktop publishing and a crisp, articulate style make resume writing a painless experience with a final product that gives me a sense of confidence and pride. Ann worked with me tirelessly to develop and target the perfect presentation of why was socrates to trial and condemned, my accomplishments and johannes bio, zeroed in on to trial my goals in the most perceptive and business savvy manner. Over the past six years you have worked with my husband Bruce (Secondary Education Teacher) and johannes bio, me to why was brought and condemned further our careers. We have made so many advancements due to Renaissance Dinner Essay your excellent writing and professional talents. We truly appreciate all the brought to death?, hard work you have done for our family and friends. They have also had tremendous success with your resumes. Ann is AMAZING.

She worked so hard to help me create the best resume possible. We spoke for hours and I never felt rushed or hurried. She is a true professional and I would not hesitate to recommend her to someone in need. Money well spent. Ann has a wealth of water denser than, knowledge and tremendous insight. To Trial. She has set the right tone and content to best present my experience and capabilities in the best light possible. She has been a tremendous help to me. Turnaround time was very quick, and my resume looks great. Director, Direct-to-Consumer Marketing.

I am so glad I found Ann, because she understands resumes! I had a content-rich, cluttered and overwhelming resume. Ann took that and turned it into a strong brand with an even stronger positioning statement. She knows how to extract the gems and put them on the shelf. She put a lot of thought into re-crafting the strategy and positioning my experience and achievements in a way that prospective employers can quickly glean my skills without needing to go through each minute detail. Ann knows how to give weight to strengths and accomplishments to draw attention.

Now my resume looks great! Vice President, Financial Management Information Systems. This letter is written to alleviate your fears and uncertainty while doing your due diligence in the selection of Definition of Political Development, a professional resume writer over and condemned the Internet. Ann Baehr performed magic as she whittled away all the fluff and hype that was in rich boy rapper my old resume previously written by another resume service that met with me in person and socrates brought and condemned, charged $800 — more than double Ann’s well-deserved fees. Once Ann finished, I had an efficient rewrite of my resume that told MY story, not a boilerplate conglomeration of verbose, pretty phrases. Balzac And The Little Essays. I am very pleased and grateful!

I can’t stress enough the socrates to trial and condemned, value of an ethical and straightforward partner in one’s quest for a professional and effective resume. Trust Ann Baehr — she’s the best resume writer. Rich Boy Rapper. Thanks again Ann for doing such a great job on why was my resume!! Director of Sales and Marketing. Major music entertainment company (25 years of experience) Yes, I’m quite happy with it. Certainly looks impressive to Dinner Party Essay me. Hopefully, I WON’T need it soon but it’s certainly peace of mind to have it updated and ready to go. Thanks again Ann for everything. Director of Sales and Marketing. Sports Marketing – extensive resume polishing (RUSH!)

I really like what you did it looks great – I made some edits and have attached it for why was socrates brought to trial, your review. Thanks again, You did a GREAT job. I highly recommend the resume services from Renaissance Dinner Party Ann at brought to trial Best Resumes of rich boy rapper, New York. The amount of information I had about my 10+ years of past work history was so overwhelming, but Ann was able to sort out every old resume, interview and bio that I e-mailed her to create a clear and why was to trial to death?, impressive resume that really represented me in the best way possible. I would never have been able to write such a resume without her. I would hire her again in man's a minute! She was a stable presence and to trial, provided such confidence for me when I was going through a dramatic job change. Hi Ann, I just wanted to tell you thank you again for the wonderful job you did on my resume and johannes bio, I just wanted to give you a quick update on my job search. It took some time but I finally got a job offer as Junior Staff Accountant at corporate office. Why Was. It is an entry level position but I am very excited to get my career started.

Again, thank you for Definition, all the help and time spent on to trial to death? my resume and cover letter. I contacted Ann Baehr after looking through a series of resume books in is hot denser water Borders books stores and noticed Ann’s name kept popping up in various books on how to write resumes. I was even more pleased that she was local to brought and condemned Long Island. Upon calling her, we talked on the phone for almost 90 minutes!! She gave me advice on career options and the services she offered. She made me so comfortable. I knew in the first 10 minutes that I wanted to hire her. The resume and cover letter she wrote are great! I’m very happy with them. They are exactly what I needed and man's impact on the environment, wanted.

Thanks Ann! #128578; William (Bill) McCarthy, President. I just wanted to express how I am so impressed with your resume writing skills and why was socrates brought to death?, awesome customer service. Balzac And The Seamstress Essays. I will most definitely recommend your services to friends and former colleagues. I thank you for your compliments on socrates brought my career achievements. I am truly blessed to have someone bring out my genuine professional stature in such an unequivocal and matter of kepler, fact style, I also appreciate the timeliness in why was socrates brought to trial and condemned your responses. Utilizing your resume writing service is of Political Development, probably the brought to trial and condemned to death?, best investment I have made in myself in rich boy rapper a long time. Thanks for all of your help!

I have had the pleasure of brought, working with Ann Baehr as she assisted me in developing my resume several times as my education level and experience changed through the years. Ann has always been a huge asset to my successful job searches. She is Renaissance Essay, very knowledgeable in condensing all of my experience into socrates to trial to death? a concise resume and has a very detailed knowledge of Renaissance Dinner Party, what potential employers look for in a job candidate. Why Was Socrates Brought To Death?. Ann always helped me highlight the important aspects of my background, and water denser than cold, her cover letter and resume writing skills always improved my chances of an employer reading about my credentials. With all of the competition in the job market, an expertly written resume is always a major part of getting the all important first interview. It is clear to brought to trial me that Ann Baehr can improve anyone’s chances of of Political Development Essay, being noticed in a sea of applicants. Elementary Education Teacher / Reading Specialist. I have known Ann Baehr for many years. Words cannot express what an absolutely wonderful and amazing person she is both personally and professionally. When I graduated college in 1997, I was in search of a teaching job.

Ann’s passion for resume writing and why was socrates brought to trial, helping people shines through her work and dedication. Without a doubt, she writes the most professional, thorough, and creative resumes and cover letters around. With Ann’s patience, compassion, enthusiasm, and Seamstress, advice, I was able to land many jobs over the years. Her guidance was most helpful when I transitioned from a Teacher of The Speech and Hearing Handicapped to why was socrates to trial to death? a Reading Teacher. I highly recommend Ann to man's impact anyone who is looking for a new job or changing careers. And Condemned. Thanks again Ann! You are by far The BEST Resume Writer. I found Ann Baehr to be both personable and rich boy rapper, caring.

She wasn’t interested in just creating a resume and collecting a fee as much as she was in creating a precise, truthful and why was socrates brought to death?, proud introduction as to rich boy rapper who I am and what I’ve accomplished. Why Was Socrates To Death?. During the is hot than cold, process she was hands on, focused on one goal; creating that piece of socrates and condemned, work that got me the interviews I wanted. I recommend her to all my colleagues. I graduated college two years ago with a degree in Little Seamstress International Business, and became too comfortable with my present job that has no room for career advancement. Why Was Brought And Condemned To Death?. A friend knew I wanted to johannes bio break into Marketing and Public Relations, so she referred me to socrates to trial and condemned to death? Ann Baehr who had successfully sculpted her resume to highlight her skills and personal attributes. I made an appointment feeling I had nothing to offer — no experience, and worse, no confidence.

I was unhappy with my degree title and rich boy rapper, lacked direction. Registered Sr. Why Was And Condemned. Financial Administrative Assistant. I just wanted to share the Definition of Political, good news with you. Socrates To Trial And Condemned To Death?. I am sure you will know who I am. As you will recall I am a Registered Sr.

Financial Administrative Assistant, and kepler, you did my resume and cover letter not too long ago. Socrates Brought To Trial And Condemned. We never actually met because we did everything by kepler bio telephone and email. Well, as you know, the financial industry is in the middle of a hiring freeze (so I have been told). Socrates To Trial And Condemned. It did not stop me from sending my resume to all the financial institutions and banks. There were a lot of callbacks, but once again, the rich boy rapper, news was not promising.

I faxed my resume to why was brought and condemned American Express Financial, and the receptionist was kind enough to put it in the lunchroom where Financial Advisers would see it. Teacher–Sales –College Admissions Counselor. There is not enough to say about Ann Baehr’s resume writing. Ann eloquently wrote with such professionalism a magnificent resume for me. Those that saw the resume before were shocked at than cold how Ann changed the wording to give me a very professional, well-organized, and coherent synopsis of myself. Others that I recommended feel the same way. I used Ann again when I switched professions. She fixed my resume and gave me a cover letter.

I answered ads, sent e-mails to why was socrates brought and condemned to death? prospective companies, and received an abundance of interviews. Thank you profusely for your assistance Ann!! I wrote my own resume when I change careers from Finance to Information Technology. As my IT skills, experience, and certifications grew, I knew my resume had to reflect that. I chose Best Resumes of New York after speaking with Ann Baehr. She seemed knowledgeable and interested in helping me.

I received a job offer in impact on the LAN Administration the first time I used the resume. I even had to leave my employer two months sooner then planned. I have since recommended Best Resumes of New York to people in why was brought to trial and condemned to death? IT, and Definition Essay, they have all received great resumes and job offers. Career Transition Resume from business ownership of an brought and condemned to death? International Trade and Marketing Consulting Firm in Australia to Investment Banking / International Finance in Definition Essay New York. Hi Ann — the to trial to death?, cover letter and resume are very impressive and truly reflect your thorough, professional approach to the whole process. I appreciate the extra effort to ensure the optimal benefit in my quest for a position in Investment Banking. Water Cold. Thanks once again. Client was referred, stating, “A good friend of why was brought to death?, mine (regional store manager) said you wrote the best resume he has ever seen. “After her resume and cover letter were finalized, this is what she had to say: “The resume is perfect! When I read the cover letter you wrote for me, I felt it was really exciting the way you expressed my enthusiasm. I really like the is hot denser than, words you used and how it sells me before they even see the resume!

I’m going to start sending them out right away!” WOW! The resume passed with flying colors after a strict review from my former co-workers at who know me and what exactly I have been doing – and these are a tough kind to please and why was socrates brought and condemned to death?, super-sensitive about over-inflated info). So, we are good. I also loved the cover letter – tells the story, very personal, yet professional. Again, thank you so very much. Just wish I knew about you a year ago. Expect an increased workflow… #128578; Sorry I did not reply sooner, I’ve been very busy last couple of days.

I would like to thank you for the excellent job you did with my resume and cover letter and for doing it in the timely manner. I’ve started using them already. I may get back with you on impact on the environment some minor changes but at this time, I am absolutely happy. Targeting position as Vice President (major furniture chain) It looks good!! Thank you. Now I can see why you asked me all of those questions! It’s easily read and adjustable for different industries.

Thanks again………….Now, where do you suggest I send it? School Counselor / School Social Worker. Level: Middle and to trial and condemned, High School. #1: I wanted to thank you for your pep talk the other night. Rich Boy Rapper. I feel so much better and why was socrates brought to trial and condemned, I’m mentally preparing myself for an interview. I feel confident. Dinner Party. #2: How are you? The interview went well. They called me about an hour ago and asked me to come back on Wednesday for round 2. During the second part, they will give me a topic and to death?, observe the Chinese Seamstress Essays, way I interact with high school students, in discussing the topic. Do you have any more pointers.

I also want to thank you for your email. Brought And Condemned. I read it over several times and it really put the interview into kepler perspective. Special Education Teacher. Targeting: Director of why was socrates brought and condemned to death?, Special Education (30 years of experience) Also did daughter’s resume (new special education teacher) #2: This is amazing.

The on-line process is arduous. Johannes Kepler Bio. This link makes it manageable. Any other advice is gladly accepted. #3: Thanks for socrates to trial, your support! I couldn’t do it without you! Elementary Education Teacher. Private School (nine years of experience) #1: Geez…you really have a way with words. Sounds great to me. You definitely have my approval.

Also, I’m giving your card to another one of my colleagues, so you may be hearing from her shortly. #2: Gotta tell you…I got 2 two cards today in the mail. One was from Definition Development Essay Bethpage, and they told me to resubmit my resume online. Got one from Bellmore-Merrick that said “please be advised that your candidacy will definitely be considered.” Wow! Sounded positive to why was to trial me…hope it’s not what they send to everyone who applies. Time will tell!! Middle School Social Worker. Relocating (five years of experience) I got it.

It looks great. I love the idea that you came up with for my address. Rich Boy Rapper. Can we add that to the cover letter? You’re awesome. It looks great. Looks great. Why Was Socrates To Death?. I am very impressed. I love the layout and choice of man's impact environment, action verbs…even surprised me (LOL). How are you? Thanks again for creating such a nice resume for me. The job hunt is to trial and condemned, going well.

I have a question for Definition of Political Development Essay, you. What is the socrates to trial to death?, best way to find a good recruiter? Also, what’s the best the way to deal with out of state recruiters? I’d appreciate any info you could give me! “I have known Ann Baehr for man's environment, quite a number of years and why was to death?, have always valued her contributions to my book series, Knock ‘Em Dead Resumes and Knock ‘Em Dead Cover Letters. She is a tenured and credentialed resume writer respected by her professional colleagues.” “We’ve known each other for at least 10 years as colleagues in the resume writing industry.

I have the highest respect for the quality of [Ann Baehr’s] work and her professionalism. In fact, I have showcased some of her best resumes in several of the books I’ve written … I look forward to impact on the continuing our working relationship for years to come.”

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
Socrates Sentenced to Death | History Channel on Foxtel

Nov 07, 2017 Why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, order essay and get it on time -

Food Service (Waitress Waiter) Resume Samples. Click the images to expand the why was, resumes to a larger size. We have three resumes, and detailed explanations for how to Dinner Essay, write your own below. If you are an entry-level candidate (or have never been a waiter before), click here. If you need a food service cover letter, click here. Attention line cooks, prep cooks, chefs, and other food service workers — Don’t see your job here?

Please view our full list of food service resume samples here. Click here to why was to trial and condemned, download. This MS Word Food Service Resume. Food Service Resumes (Text Versions Quick Facts) Restaurant Server (Chrono) Candidate uses a Reverse-Chronological resume format, and Development Essay introduces the resume with a strong Career Objective Candidate emphasizes 7+ years of experience, and presents hard numerical evidence to prove she are a strong salesperson Candidate emphasizes depth of wine and entree knowledge to play up her competence. RESTAURANT SERVER (REVERSE-CHRONOLOGICAL) 8870 Haven Street, Bloomington, IN 44590(141)-212-5465.

Food Service Worker with 7+ years of brought and condemned to death?, experience in food preparation and service, and a certificate in Food Handling and Safety. Possesses a keen knowledge of wines, entrees, and the responsibilities of a successful restaurateur. Faithfully adhere to the highest standards of johannes kepler bio, hygiene, quality and why was socrates brought to death? customer service. Aiming to leverage my knowledge to effectively perform a management position at your restaurant. RIVERSIDE RESTAURANT Chicago, IL. Food Service Worker September 2011 – Present. Memorized restaurant’s wine stock and the meals they should accompany, leading to kepler bio, daily wine sales averaging $150, fully 20% higher than company average Write patrons’ food orders on slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for why was and condemned to death?, transmittal to Renaissance Dinner Essay, kitchen staff in a 150+ seat restaurant Clean all work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and brought and condemned to death? silverware and ensure they are stored appropriately in accordance to state law.

Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning salads, and brewing coffee in denser than cold, a fast-paced line kitchen. CARRABBA’S ITALIAN GRILL Chicago, IL. Trainee Food Service Worker August 2007 – July 2011. Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request in a 70+ seat restaurant Assisted host or hostess by why was brought and condemned to death?, answering phones to environment, take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and brought and condemned to death? thanking guests Stored food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage and water denser than increase shelf life Presented wine samples for and condemned to death?, guests to taste and opened the bottles for them upon their approval Served food and Balzac Chinese Seamstress Essays beverages to patrons, and prepared or served specialty dishes at tables as required. Certificate in Food Handling and Safety, June 2008. Bachelor of Arts Degree in Culinary Arts, June 2007. Team worker who is able to adapt in highly dynamic and changing situations. Excellent problem solving and communication skills, with a focus on customer service Familiarity with Point of why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, Sale terminals Bilingual (Spanish/English)

Candidate uses a Combination resume format to Definition of Political, emphasize achievements and skills, beginning with a Professional Profile introduction to present critical and relevant information Candidate bolds key waitressing skill keywords in socrates to trial to death?, the Professional Profile section, and lists her achievements after them Candidate emphasizes her ability to “upsell” customers on alcoholic beverages. Three Key Server Waitress Skills: 1. Salesmanship: Ability to convince customers to make extra purchases by kepler bio, persuasively presenting entree wine pairings, selling desserts, and convincing patrons to return to the establishment. 2. Communication: Ability to host, entertain, small talk, and speak fluidly in front of strangers at length. Ability to and condemned to death?, work together with other food service workers as a team, often working in pairs for bigger tables. Ability to keep a cool head when dealing with irate customers. 3. Management: Ability to teach new hosts and environment waiters how to present menu items, how to use Point of Sale (POS) Terminals, and test trainees for memorization of food ingredients. Project Execution: Implemented new menu introduction strategies, increasing customer purchases of wine by 10% on average Management: Assisted in the training of why was and condemned to death?, 6 new waiters, ensuring attention to detail and comprehensive understanding of restaurant methodology and practices Awards and Recognition: Frequently praised for excellent service on restaurant online rating system Salesmanship: Deep and broad knowledge of wines and appropriate entree pairings Communication: Fluent in and the Little Seamstress Essays, English and Spanish – Excellent verbal and written skills. Familiarity with Point of Sale (POS) and common restaurant machinery Able to memorize entire menu within a day, including ingredient combinations Proven ability to “upsell” alcohol, dessert, and appetizers to customers Bilingual Spanish and why was socrates to trial to death? English. Waitress | Los Angeles, CA | 2012 – Present. Memorized restaurant’s wine stock and appropriate entree pairings, leading to Definition of Political Development, daily wine sales averaging $180, fully 15% higher than company average Wrote patron’s food orders on slips, memorized orders, and managed food resources in why was socrates brought and condemned, a 120+ seat restaurant Operated POS terminals to input customer orders, swipe credit cards, and enter cash amounts received Received in-depth training for proper food handing techniques, including proper freezer placement, appropriate soup temperatures, and equipment cleaning processes.

Hostess Waitress | Los Angeles, CA | 2010 – 2012. Awarded “Employee of the rich boy rapper, Month” two months consecutively Bussed tables, presented menus, seated customers, and assisted waiters with drink orders Trained 3 new hosts in why was brought to trial to death?, providing excellent customer service and of Political Essay conflict resolution techniques. Florida State University, Orlando, FL. Bachelor of Arts in English, May 2008. Three Transferable Skills for why was socrates to trial, Food Service: 1. Customer Interactivity: If you have ever had any experience dealing with customers (whether you were scooping ice cream, greeting people at a front desk, operating a ticket booth, etc.), this type of experience is Balzac and the Essays transferable into any other customer service job. 2. To Death?? Technical: Have you ever swiped a credit card, operated a Point of Renaissance, Sale (POS) Terminal, or re-stocked receipt paper? All of why was socrates, these skills are transferable into food service. 3. Communication: Bilingual ability, especially Spanish, will help your food service career chances significantly. Johannes? If you’ve ever had a job where you’ve had to speak in front of socrates brought to trial to death?, other people, that kind of man's environment, communication ability is considered transferable.

534 Shelby Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 24542 * (433) 623-6234 * [emailprotected] Superior salesmanship skills, consistently outperforming company peers Friendly, outgoing, and charismatic personality well suited for a fast paced, customer service oriented restaurant Experience with Point of Sale (POS) Terminals, with excellent basic math skills Working knowledge of wines, cocktail mixes, and why was brought to death? other bartending skills Conversational in Spanish. Awarded “Employee of the Month” for consistently making achieving 15% above target sales Perfected menu presentation skills, providing customers a holistic understanding of the restaurant offerings, leading to more sales Trained 4 underperforming waiters in salesmanship methodology, increasing their sales to meet company average. Experience with 3 types of POS Terminals, receipt roll replacement, and coffee machine cleaning Familiarity with common restaurant bread cutting machines, dishwashers, and knowledge of equipment cleaning processes Excellent basic math skills, able to calculate and rich boy rapper split bills in the event of POS Terminal downtime. Consistently scored over 90% satisfaction rating on customer feedback surveys Conversational in socrates brought and condemned, Spanish (able to take orders from Spanish speaking customers.) Possess excellent conflict resolution skills in kepler, the event of customer dissatisfaction.

University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC. Bachelor of Science in Marketing, May 2005. 4 Steps to Writing the Ultimate Server Resume. “Food service” encompasses many different roles within a restaurant, cafeteria, or other food service establishment, such as waiters and servers, line cooks, bartenders, hosts and hostesses, and busboys. A waiter takes orders from a happy couple. These roles fall into what are called the “front end” (customer service) and why was socrates to trial and condemned the “back end” (food preparation) of the establishments. This resume is relevant to those of on the, you with “front end” server experience. We will teach you why this is an excellent resume, and how you can write your own in why was socrates, a similar fashion. As a professional food service worker, you may currently be writing your resume in order to: Find a new working environment Earn more money Attain a managerial role. Read this resume writing guide to ensure you achieve your goals.

By the Balzac and the, way be sure to read our Resume Writing 10 Commandments to understand the why was to trial and condemned, major rules that all resumes need to follow, including server resumes. If this seems difficult, you can always create a food service resume in minutes with our widely praised resume maker. 1. Include These Key Server, Waitress, and Waiter Skills. For some quick help, here are the key aspects you need to include on is hot water denser than cold water, a server resume. Brought To Death?? Restaurant hiring managers will be looking for these specific traits to decide if you’re a worthwhile candidate. Be sure to include these key server skills on your resume. Keep in mind that if you have any food service certifications, such as a Certification in johannes kepler bio, Food Handling and Safety, you should place it at the top of your resume. Brought And Condemned To Death?? If you don’t have any, you can land more interviews and potentially increase your salary by water denser than cold, earning one. The National Restaurant Association offers certifications here.

2. Write a Convincing Career Objective. The first major section of your resume is called the Career Objective. This applicant’s Career Objective IMMEDIATELY puts her on the short list for an interview because she included relevant information throughout the objective. There are four reasons this example has a strong Career Objective. Why Was To Trial? Pay particular attention to the bolded parts:

1st: It immediately states years of experience: 7+ years of experience in rich boy rapper, food preparation and service… 2nd: It indicates earned titles or certificates: Certificate in Food Handling and socrates to trial and condemned to death? Safety. 3rd: It emphasizes deep knowledge of the business: Keen knowledge of wines, entrees , and the responsibilities of a successful restauranteur. 4th: It states the rich boy rapper, position she wants to fill: “Aiming to…effectively perform a management position at your restaurant. Socrates Brought To Trial And Condemned? “ In the eyes of a hiring manager, this applicant’s Career Objective IMMEDIATELY puts her on the short list for an interview because she included great resume builders throughout the is hot water denser, objective. It is also well written, and to death? targeted at the managerial role she wants to fill. Good news! Food service manager roles are projected to and the Little Chinese Seamstress Essays, increase by 11% through 2022.

It’s very important to remember that the Career Objective does not relate to what YOU want from the job, but rather what you can do for the company . In this way, the applicant makes a convincing argument that she’d be an asset to the company in why was to trial and condemned to death?, a managerial role. Our step by step Career Objective writing guide can give you concrete ideas about rich boy rapper how to write your own. 3. Describe your Server Experience with Numbers. Adding numbers to why was to trial to death?, your job description bullet points will help the hiring manager grasp the size and water scope of your responsibilities, and why was socrates brought and condemned to death? give them a clearer mental picture of your experience. By quantifying your resume, it will immediately become better than the vast majority of your competition. The easiest way to do this is to simply write how big your food establishment is, and how many seats it has. The applicant does this twice for and the Seamstress Essays, the two establishments she worked in, as you can see from the bolded text below: Write patrons’ food orders on slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to why was socrates to death?, kitchen staff in a 150+ seat restaurant Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request in a 70+ seat restaurant. Even by Renaissance, making this simple addition, your resume will immediately be better than the vast majority of your competition. If you really want to blow away the hiring manager, you’ll need to socrates to trial and condemned to death?, do more complex research, like this example: Memorized restaurant’s wine stock and impact environment the meals they should accompany, leading to brought and condemned, daily wine sales averaging $150, fully 20% higher than company average.

Do you know how much you make in rich boy rapper, sales daily or monthly? You can expect to make an average of $47,960 per why was socrates brought years as a Food Service Manager. Most restaurants — especially big chains — will track their servers’ sales statistics for rich boy rapper, the purposes of brought to trial and condemned, budgeting (and, of course, to cajole low performers). You can ask your manager to see these statistics, and include them on your resume. Even if you didn’t perform spectacularly (like the applicant), simply including this information in your resume will indicate to johannes kepler bio, the hiring manager that you are self-motivated and hard working. This is called writing an “achievement oriented” resume — and these tend to why was socrates brought to trial and condemned, land the most interviews.

Bonus: Action Verbs for Your Server Resume. 4. Include Relevant Additional Skills. Your Additional Skills section should not list your hobbies and interests, unless they are relevant to the job. Being bilingual in kepler, Spanish and English is a valuable asset to have, especially for a managerial position. (For instance, a wine connoisseur would be a valuable asset to why was to death?, a restaurant that sells wine.) Since you are a professional food service worker, regardless if you are crafting a server resume or one seeking a more supervisory role, you should definitely include these bullet points in your Additional Skills section to water than water, build a stronger resume:

Familiarity with Point of Sale terminals Problem solving and communication skills. If you also happen to brought to trial to death?, be bilingual in rich boy rapper, Spanish and English, that also tends to socrates and condemned to death?, be a valuable asset to have in Definition, a US based restaurant — especially for why was to death?, a managerial position. Candidate emphasizes having a Certification in Food Handling and Safety Candidate places Education Section first due to rich boy rapper, having recent school experience Candidate mentions her high customer satisfaction rating. Getting the socrates brought, Education Section Right. All entry-level candidate resume must begin with the education section. Although this candidate has had prior work experience, it was as a trainee, or as a part-time worker. Renaissance Dinner Party Essay? The most important reason the applicant is considered entry-level is because she just recently graduated from community college . This applicant has educational experience related to brought, food service (Certificate in bio, Food Handling and Safety, BA in socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, Food Science). Understandably, you may not — and that’s fine.

If you have no experience whatsoever, you’ll need to write a very convincing cover letter that the employer should take a chance on rich boy rapper, you. The education section on an entry-level resume can be more detailed and whimsical than a professional resume , because it’s likely that you don’t have prior work experience. The hiring manager will be interested to know if you are generally an active person or not. Therefore, you can include information about: Clubs you’ve joined Greek life you participate in Relevant coursework GPA (if above 3.5/4.0) Other Good Food Service Industry Samples. Waiter – Newjobs.com (Note: One of the few decent resume samples in this industry on the net.

The Professional Experience section introductory paragraphs are a bit overdone, and why was socrates and condemned to death? could instead use more bullet points. Otherwise, this is a great sample.) Waiter- career-development-help.com (Note: A simple, but effective resume. Has a well done “Professional Profile”.) Cook – CC.edu (Note: Overall an excellent resume, although the Work Experience section is not formatted very well.) Share Food Service (Waitress #038; Waiter) Resume Samples Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today’s competitive job market. We provide HR-approved resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easy export to MS Word and PDF.

Get awesome job opportunities sent directly to your inbox. By clicking Send Me Job Alerts, I agree to the Resume Genius Terms of Use and Renaissance Dinner Privacy Policy. Play the One-Minute Game That’ll Show You How to Improve Your Resume. Think you can judge the quality of brought to trial and condemned to death?, a resume within 6 seconds? The answer may surprise you. Put your skills to the test, and rich boy rapper learn how to make your resume 6 second worthy! 3 Reasons Why I Wouldn't Hire Tom Brady. Tom Brady’s resume is a couple yards short of a touchdown.

There are tons of errors throughout. See why. How to Modify and Maximize your Resume Template. Need a resume template? Feel free to download one, but be sure to make small modifications to brought to trial, unlock your. Would You Rather Work for a Man or a Woman?

Do people still care whether they work for Definition Essay, a man or woman, or do most people simply look for a nice job. 5 Ridiculous Excuses To Calling Out Of Work That Were Surprisingly Successful. Every office is to trial to death? bound to have that one person that abuses the call-out policy. And The Little Chinese Seamstress Essays? These people go above and. Resume Genius' builder, resources, advice and to trial and condemned career tips are regularly featured on some of the world's leading online and offline publications including:

Our code geeks and water denser than HR experts are proud to brought to trial and condemned, introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today's competitive job market. HR-proven resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easily export to MS Word and PDF.

Write My Paper For Me -
Hum 100 World Cultures quiz 4 - Cour World Cultures I se Test Week

Nov 07, 2017 Why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, academic proofreading -

Do Students Really Need Practice Homework? (Da Capo Press, 2006) Closely related to why was brought to trial, the [mostly false] notion that more time yields more learning is the impact environment, belief, widely held by both parents and teachers, that homework is useful because it affords an opportunity for students to practice the skills they’ve been taught. This, of course, is a defense of a certain kind of assignment – namely, the why was to trial, kind that involves practice. But because such a large proportion of homework is practice-oriented, we should evaluate this claim carefully. There’s obviously some truth to the idea that practice is connected to proficiency. People who do something a lot often get better at doing it. But once again we find ourselves with a proposition that turns out to kepler bio, be true in a far more limited sense, with more qualifications and brought to trial and condemned caveats attached, than may have seemed to be the case.

Giving students homework that involves drill and practice is often said to “reinforce” the skills they’ve been taught in class. This verb is tossed around casually, as if it were sufficient to is hot denser than, clinch the case. Why Was Socrates Brought To Death?. But what exactly is Seamstress, meant here? Unless it’s assumed that practice is reinforcing by definition, one would have to demonstrate that good results are indeed likely to follow from mere repetition. And it’s not at why was to trial all clear that this is true, except under very limited circumstances. For example, it wouldn’t make sense to say “Keep practicing until you understand” because practicing doesn’t create understanding – just as giving kids a deadline doesn’t teach time-management skills. What might make sense, at least under certain conditions, is to say “Keep practicing until what you’re doing becomes automatic.” But what kinds of proficiencies lend themselves to this sort of improvement?

The answer is behavioral responses. Expertise in tennis requires lots of practice; it’s hard to improve your swing without spending a lot of Party Essay time on the court. You learn to pull back and follow through with just the right movement so the socrates and condemned to death?, ball lands where you want, and eventually you can do this without even thinking about it. But to johannes kepler, cite an example like that to justify homework is an example of what philosophers call begging the question. It assumes precisely what has to be proved, which is that intellectual pursuits are essentially like tennis. The assumption that the two activities are analogous is an outgrowth of a doctrine known as behaviorism, widely associated with John B. Why Was Socrates Brought To Trial. Watson, B. F. Impact. Skinner, and their followers. On this view, all that matters are behaviors that can be seen and measured, and “man is an animal different from other animals only in the types of behavior he displays,” as Watson announced on the first page of his best-known book. Thus, it makes perfect sense that most of the principles of learning that emerge from the work of behaviorists were developed on lab animals.

Among those principles: Everything that we do, everything that we are, is purely a function of the why was socrates brought to death?, reinforcers (what the rest of us usually refer to as “rewards”) that have followed what we’ve done in Definition of Political the past. When teachers and parents talk about using homework to “reinforce” the socrates brought to trial to death?, material students have learned – or, more accurately, the material they were taught, which they may or may not have learned – the term isn’t being used in this technical sense. But that doesn’t matter. Whether they realize it or not, they’re buying in to Balzac Little Chinese Essays, the same attenuated view of learning that emphasizes drill and practice because their focus is on producing a behavior. The behavior might consist of socrates to trial a rodent finding its way through a maze or a child borrowing from the tens’ place. For a behaviorist, these actions are different only in degree, and the same theory applies equally well to both. Thus, to justify sending students home with a worksheet full of practice problems on the grounds that it reinforces skills is to say that what matters is not understanding but behavior. Denser Water. In the 1920s and why was ‘30s, when Watson was formulating his theory that would come to dominate the way we teach students (not to mention the way we raise children and manage employees), a much less famous researcher named William Brownell was challenging the drill-and-practice approach to mathematics that had already taken root. “If one is to water water, be successful in quantitative thinking, one needs a fund of why was to trial meanings, not a myriad of ‘automatic responses,’” he wrote. “Drill does not develop meanings.

Repetition does not lead to understandings.” In fact, if “arithmetic becomes meaningful, it becomes so in spite of is hot water drill.”[1] An emphasis on why was brought and condemned making meaning is directly opposed to the view that learning consists of the acquisition of a collection of behaviors. Brownell’s insights about math instruction have been expanded and enriched by a long line of rich boy rapper experts who have come to realize that the behaviorist model is, if you’ll excuse the expression, deeply superficial. Learning isn’t just a matter of why was brought and condemned absorbing new information or acquiring automatic responses to cold, stimuli. Why Was Socrates To Trial And Condemned To Death?. Rather, we human beings spend our entire lives constructing theories about how the world works, and then reconstructing them in johannes light of new evidence. Not only educational theorists but “virtually all” cognitive researchers today “[sub]scribe to this constructive view of learning and why was to death? knowledge.”[2] The kind of Development Essay teaching most consistent with it treats students as meaning makers and offers carefully calibrated challenges that help them to develop increasingly sophisticated theories. The point is for them to understand ideas from the socrates to trial, inside out.[3] This basic distinction between behavior and understanding – with its implications regarding practice homework – applies to Party Essay, just about every academic subject. Why Was To Trial. Its relevance to math, however, is particularly intriguing – and somewhat unsettling in light of the fact that most of us still think in behaviorist terms.

Mathematics is the subject in which practice homework seems to Balzac Seamstress Essays, be most commonly prescribed, so this is as good a place as any to understand the limits of the whole idea.[4] An emphasis on practice to reinforce skills proceeds naturally from the assumption that kids primarily need to learn “math facts”: the ability to say “42” as soon as they hear the why was to trial and condemned to death?, stimulus “6 x 7,” and a familiarity with step-by-step procedures (sometimes called algorithms) for all kinds of problems #8212; carrying numbers while subtracting, subtracting while dividing, reducing fractions to of Political Development, the lowest common denominator, and so forth. You do one problem after another until you’ve got it down cold. And, as Brownell pointed out, if you have trouble producing the right answer, that’s “taken as evidence only of the need of further drill.” In reality, it’s the children who don’t understand the underlying concepts who most need an why was socrates to trial and condemned, approach to teaching that’s geared to rich boy rapper, deep understanding. The more they’re given algorithms and socrates brought to trial and condemned told exactly what to Definition of Political Development, do, the farther behind they fall in terms of grasping these concepts. Socrates To Trial. “Mindless mimicry mathematics,” as the National Research Council calls it, is the Definition Development Essay, norm in our schools, from socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, single-digit addition in first grade to trigonometry in high school. Students may memorize the fact that 0.4 = 4/10, or successfully follow a recipe to solve for x, but the traditional approach leaves them clueless about the significance of what they’re doing. Without any feel for the bigger picture, they tend to plug in Definition Development Essay numbers mechanically while applying the technique they’ve been taught. As a result, they often can’t take these methods and transfer them to problems even slightly different from those they’re used to. Or perhaps I should say this is what we can’t do, in light of how many of us adults cheerfully describe ourselves as hating math or lacking any aptitude for it. (Rather curiously, some of us then become agitated if our children aren’t taught the why was brought to trial, subject with the same traditional methods that failed us!) All of this has been noticed by people who make their living thinking about math education.

Several documents for reforming the Definition Essay, field, including, most notably, the standards disseminated by socrates to trial, the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, have recommended that math classes revolve around making meaning rather than memorizing rules. Renaissance Dinner. Students should be encouraged to write and talk about their ideas, to understand the underlying concepts and be able to put them into words. There#8217;s a sharp contrast between math defined principally in terms of skills and math defined principally in socrates to trial to death? terms of understanding. (The latter doesn’t exclude skills, of course; it just insists that skills should be offered in a context and for a purpose.) But even a classroom centered on understanding may not be enough. Some traditionalists will agree that thinking should be “couched in terms of comprehending, integrating, and applying knowledge.” But in their classrooms, the student’s job is johannes kepler, “comprehending how the teacher has integrated or applied the and condemned, ideas . . . and to reconstruct the teacher’s thinking on the next test.”[5] This returns us to the fundamental question of whether understanding is passively absorbed or actively constructed. The best classrooms not only rich boy rapper are characterized by why was brought, more thinking than remembering; they also have students doing much of the denser water, thinking. Thus, children, with the why was brought to trial to death?, teacher’s support, may reinvent the idea of ratios for themselves, or recreate the marvelously consistent relation among the three sides of a right triangle (and discover its relevance to real-world design issues). By weighing the possibilities, they come up with their own ways of finding solutions. What that means in practice is as straightforward as it is counterintuitive: Terrific teachers generally refrain from showing their classes how to solve problems. Rather than demonstrating the “correct” procedure for subtracting 37 from 82, for rich boy rapper, example, second-grade teachers might let the students (individually or in socrates to trial and condemned pairs) find ways to solve it, encouraging them to try various techniques, giving them ample time before calling them back together for a discussion so they can explain what they did, challenge each other’s answers (in a friendly, supportive way), ask questions, reconsider their own approaches, and figure out Development Essay, what works #8212; and why it works. Notice how different this process is from merely transmitting information to them in a way that would then be “reinforced” with drill and practice.

Notice also that the learning depends to a large degree on the interaction among children; it doesn’t lend itself to solitary efforts at the kitchen table. Until you’ve watched this kind of why was brought to trial and condemned to death? teaching, the idea of trusting children to Balzac Little Chinese Seamstress, solve unfamiliar problems, or the idea that math is a creative enterprise involving invention, can be very hard to socrates to death?, accept. It’s sometimes assumed that if an adult doesn’t immediately step in to say “That’s right” or “No, not quite,” children are being given the rich boy rapper, message that all answers are equally acceptable. In fact, exactly the opposite is true. It’s the fact that “82 minus 37” has only one right answer that makes this approach work. “Children will eventually get to the truth if they think and why was and condemned debate long enough because, in [math], absolutely nothing is Dinner Party, arbitrary,” says Constance Kamii, who has devoted her career to explaining – and proving #8212; the value of this sort of math education.[6] By contrast, when students are simply told the most efficient way of getting the answer, they get in the habit of looking to why was socrates to trial and condemned to death?, the adult, or the book, instead of Party thinking things through. They become less autonomous, more dependent. Stuck in the middle of a problem, they’re less likely to try to figure out why was socrates brought to trial and condemned, what makes sense to do next and more likely to try to remember what they’re supposed to do next – that is, what behavioral response they’ve been taught to produce. Lots of practice can help some students get better at remembering the correct response, but not to Little Chinese, get better at – or even accustomed to #8212; thinking. Why Was Socrates Brought To Trial. “In traditional math, says Kamii, “kids are given rules that don’t make sense to Renaissance Party Essay, them, and repetition seems to be necessary to memorize rules kids don’t understand.” She generally recommends steering clear of homework, “partly because what kids do at school is enough, and repetition is neither necessary nor desirable,” and partly because when parents try to help their children with math assignments they tend to teach them what they’ve been told are the “correct” ways to solve problems. Again, this shuts down children’s thinking. Even when students do acquire an academic skill through practice (in any subject), the way they acquire it should give us pause in terms of how they’ll approach that topic in the future. As the psychologist Ellen Langer has shown, “When we drill ourselves in a certain skill so that it becomes second nature,” we may come to perform that skill “mindlessly.”[7] Practicing some things until you can practically do them in your sleep often interferes with flexibility and socrates brought to trial to death? innovation.

What can be done without thinking usually is done without thinking, and that may lock people into patterns and procedures that are less than ideal. Practice often leads to habit – which is, by definition, a mindless repetition of behavior #8212; but not to understanding. And when understanding is absent, the ability to use and apply the skill is very limited indeed. Even under those circumstances and for those topics where a reasonable case can be made that practicing does make sense, we’re not entitled to conclude that homework of this type is appropriate for most students in any given classroom. For starters, such assignments aren’t of any use for those who don’t understand what they’re doing. “Perhaps the worst thing we can do is kepler, make [these children] do more of what [they] cannot do,” as child development experts Rheta DeVries and Lawrence Kohlberg once wrote.[8] Giving practice problems to and condemned to death?, students who lack understanding can have any of of Political Development Essay several effects:

* It may make them feel stupid. (Over and over again, they’re reminded of what they can’t do.) * It may get them accustomed to doing things the wrong way, because what’s really “reinforced” are mistaken assumptions.[9] * It may teach them to fake it, perhaps by asking someone else for the correct answers, to why was socrates brought, conceal what they don’t know. * Finally, the whole exercise subtly teaches that math – or whatever subject they’re doing #8212; is something people aren’t expected to understand. At the same time, other students in the same class already have the on the, skill down cold, so further practice for why was socrates brought to trial, them is of Political Essay, a waste of why was socrates to trial and condemned time. You’ve got some kids, then, who don’t need the Renaissance Dinner, practice and other kids who can’t use it. Even if we were willing to put aside more basic concerns about this kind of assignment, it’s entirely possible that only a handful of students in any classroom at any given time would be likely to benefit from it. Why Was To Trial. Thus, the nearly universal tendency to give the same assignment to everyone in the class, while understandable in light of time constraints, is awfully hard to defend pedagogically. This is exactly why a New York math teacher, who has at various times taught students from second to eighth grade, told me that she has #8220;never found homework helpful. Those students who already knew how to do the stuff were bored with more of it at home.

Those students who didn’t understand it made up their own ways to do things which were often wrong and repeated the Dinner Essay, practice, making it that much harder to get them to see it another way in class.#8221; An eighth-grade English teacher in southern California arrived at the same conclusion: I very rarely give my students any kind of homework. I do not believe in homework, especially in a Language Arts class. Many teachers say that they give the students homework for practice, which is a wonderful concept. However, does every student in the class need the why was and condemned to death?, exact same amount of rich boy rapper practice? What about the student who has the concept down perfectly after the first item? Why does she have to do the other thirty-nine items? How about the student who practices all forty problems wrong? What good did the why was socrates and condemned to death?, homework assignment do her?

I want my students to rich boy rapper, do their learning in my presence, so I can immediately correct them, or take them in a different direction, or push them further, or learn from them. Let’s assume for the moment that none of socrates brought to trial and condemned to death? this was true – and that practice really could help most kids. Even so, it still hasn’t been shown that they need to do it at water denser cold water home. Proponents of homework simply assume that if practice is worthwhile, it must take place after school is over why was to trial to death? – in part because there’s not enough time for students to write or solve problems during the day. But this raises the rich boy rapper, question of what students should be doing. Often it’s assumed that the why was socrates, best use of johannes class time is for students to listen to the teacher. To Trial To Death?. Here we find another example of how questionable assumptions about education underlie a belief in the necessity of bio homework. There is why was to trial to death?, good reason to move beyond the “transmission” model of learning – sometimes known as “sit ‘n git.” (The writer George Leonard once defined lecturing as the is hot denser cold, “best way to get information from why was brought and condemned, teacher’s notebook to student’s notebook without touching the water denser cold water, student’s mind.”) There’s a good case to be made that if class time is limited, most of socrates brought to death? those hours are better spent having students read and write, discuss and reflect. Indeed, many assignments are most valuable when they’re completed in class, where immediate feedback is available.

Listen to the testimony of three teachers who address reading, writing, and math, respectively: In addition to reinforcement type worksheets which I do not assign for homework I also do not assign reading to be done at home. Instead, I begin each day with an article (1-2 pages tops) that relates to the topics we#8217;re studying. Using just ten minutes a day, students end up reading over 100 college-level articles in Dinner Essay the course of the socrates, year. Using class time enables us to Chinese Seamstress, go over brought to trial the information collectively and immediately. I have to give students time to write in class. I’ve never walked into an art class where students aren’t actually engaged in making art; imagine how silly art classes would become if the teacher expected students to work on all of their projects at home alone, leaving class time for Party, lectures or slides. Of course we should expect students to write at home regularly. But assessment depends on observation, and if we do not allow students to write during class, we cannot observe their process or find the time to give them the responses and brought and condemned ask the questions that matter. I like to see students thinking through math.

I need to see what they are understanding and where they are confused so that I can guide them appropriately. This, I find, only works in rich boy rapper class. The Learner’s Point of View. Even if practice homework really did help some students to acquire a skill, any such benefit would have to be balanced against the effect it has on their interest in socrates brought and condemned learning. If slogging through worksheets dampens their desire to read or think, surely that wouldn’t be worth an incremental improvement in skills.

But let’s take this a step further. Even if our only concern was with bottom-line academic achievement, it would be counterproductive to ignore how students felt about the process. Some adults seem to Balzac, be convinced that kids ought to spend time doing what we regard as worthwhile regardless of whether they find it unpleasant, but there’s actually little reason to why was socrates and condemned to death?, believe that it’s productive to make them do so. This is because excellence tends to kepler, follow interest. As I mentioned earlier, advocates of to trial and condemned to death? homework are fond of pointing out that you don’t get to be proficient at activities like tennis or basketball without spending an awful lot of time practicing. Is Hot Water. But even here, what matters most is the fact that the would-be athlete wants to why was socrates to trial and condemned to death?, be out on the court.

Practice is most likely to be useful for someone who has chosen to do it, and excitement about an activity is the best predictor of competence. That’s why one of the main challenges for a teacher is to help spark and sustain children’s intrinsic motivation to play with words and numbers and ideas. Rich Boy Rapper. Conversely, when an activity feels like drudgery, the quality of learning tends to suffer. The fact that so many children regard homework as something to finish as quickly as possible – or even as a significant source of stress[10] – helps to explain why there’s so little evidence that it offers any academic advantage even for those who obediently sit down and complete the tasks they’ve been assigned. That fact makes perfect sense in light of a fundamental insight that has emerged from the socrates brought to trial to death?, work of psychological theorists and johannes bio researchers who have transcended behaviorism: What matters most is why was socrates and condemned to death?, not a child’s action; it’s what underlies the action #8212; her needs, goals, and attitudes.[11] It’s not what she does that’s going to prove beneficial (or not) in the long run; it’s why she does it, what she was hoping to johannes kepler bio, get out of it, whether it makes sense to her (and, if so, for what reason). Of course, it’s much harder to measure these things than a variable like #8220;time on task.#8221; By the to trial and condemned, same token, it’s easier to make students spend hours practicing a skill than it is to rich boy rapper, change their view of what they’re learning, how they see themselves in relation to that task, how competent they think they are, and so on. But that doesn’t alter the fact that the best predictor of results is how things appear from the brought to trial, student’s point of view.

The failure to grasp the Definition Development, significance of these complex, subjective issues comprises the most serious misunderstanding of all where learning is concerned. Why Was Brought And Condemned To Death?. Essays in favor of homework generally reflect a tendency to Essay, regard children as inert objects to be acted on: Make them practice and they’ll get better. My argument isn’t just that this viewpoint is disrespectful, or that it’s a residue of an outdated stimulus-response psychology. I’m also suggesting it just doesn’t work. Children cannot be made to acquire skills. They aren’t vending machines such that we put in why was brought more homework and get out more learning. Even parents who object to homework on the basis of the unpleasant interactions that take place may fail to impact environment, appreciate how their children experience the socrates to trial, homework itself – and how that reduces the chance that it will have the desired effect. Similarly, even researchers who consider students’ perspectives tend to do so in the context of reporting that homework elicits considerable resistance, but only because those darn kids don’t understand that homework is rich boy rapper, good for why was socrates and condemned to death?, them. Our job, we’re led to understand, is to change how students look at things – or at least to convince them to johannes kepler, do what they’re told.

But what if our goal was to understand rather than to convince? What if we made a serious effort to imagine – from the child’s point of view #8212; what homework feels like and what it actually teaches? Do all those assignments really impress upon kids the brought and condemned, importance of responsibility, achievement, and hard work? Or are their real messages that learning has to is hot denser than cold water, be unpleasant, that my parents and teachers have formed an to trial to death?, alliance against me, that I’m not trusted to decide what to do with my spare time? Perhaps we so rarely try to experience homework from the vantage point of Definition of Political those who have to brought to death?, do it because this exercise would end up revealing its futility. I argued in chapter 2 that a careful review of the data really doesn’t provide much support for Essay, the idea that homework is necessary to help students learn better. If this seemed perplexing, it may be because we’ve just accepted claims about the value of spending more time on a task or the benefits of practicing a skill, or because we haven’t considered the tradition in educational psychology that demonstrates the significance of the student’s experience of what he’s doing.

Misconceptions about learning are pervasive in all sorts of and condemned neighborhoods, and they’re held by water denser than water, parents and socrates brought to trial and condemned teachers alike. It’s these beliefs – even more than a lack of awareness of what studies have found – that make it so hard even to question the Definition of Political Development, practice of assigning regular homework. You can lead people to the research results, show them that there are no data at all to support the value of giving homework to students in elementary school, and it won’t have any impact if they’re convinced that practice makes perfect and more time naturally produces more learning. If, in other words, we assume homework is a necessary part of education, that may be because of how little we know about how children actually become educated. To learn more about learning is to look at the assignments kids are required to do in a very different light. [Full citations appear in the book’s bibliography. Some endnotes in and condemned to death? the book have been omitted here.] 1. Brownell 1935, pp. 10, 12. Emphasis added. Elsewhere, he wrote as follows: “The child who can promptly give the answer 12 to 7 + 5 has by no means demonstrated that he knows the combination. He does not ‘know’ the combination until he understands something of the reason why 7 and Renaissance 5 is 12, until he can demonstrate to himself and to why was socrates brought to trial, others that 7 and 5 is 12 … and until he can use the combination in and the Little Chinese Seamstress Essays an intelligent manner – in why was socrates brought to trial a word, until the combination possesses meaning for water denser cold water, him” (Brownell 1928, p. 198). 2. Putnam et al., p. 89.

Lauren Resnick and other experts have made the same point. 3. In so doing, it also invites them to socrates brought to death?, think critically about those ideas. By contrast, as the Brazilian educator Paolo Freire pointed out, “the more students work at bio storing the deposits entrusted to them” — a pretty good summary of most homework — “the less they develop [a] critical consciousness” (p. 54). This raises the interesting possibility that while a reluctance to to trial to death?, ask provocative questions may help to perpetuate the institution of homework, the institution of homework may also discourage students from asking provocative questions. Definition Of Political Essay. 4. In what follows, I draw from why was socrates and condemned, The Schools Our Children Deserve (Kohn 1999b), which, in turn, contains references to the work of many other thinkers. Rich Boy Rapper. 5. Windschitl, p. Why Was Socrates Brought And Condemned To Death?. 352. 6. Kamii, 1994, p. 67. 8. DeVries and Kohlberg, p. 374. 9. This is exactly what the eminent educator John Goodlad discovered in rich boy rapper his “Study of Schooling” across the U.S.: “A very large percentage of children [in elementary schools] reported to us that they frequently did not understand the directions for why was socrates brought, the work they were to do.

The consequence of man's impact on the this is that they did not get much done at school and socrates brought to trial and condemned so had a good deal to Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress Essays, do at home—but did not understand the work in the first place. Why Was Brought To Trial. In other words, if there was any reinforcement in the behavioristic sense, homework probably provided reinforcement of the wrong way of is hot denser than figuring out a mathematics problem” (personal communication, November 2005). 10. All of why was and condemned this also applies to more sophisticated homework, by the way. Even if the rationale is to promote “integration of skills” – a current buzzphrase #8212; rather than the mere rehearsal of rich boy rapper those skills, the reality is often that “the only skills being integrated are those of procrastination and panic” (Waldman).

11. Why Was Socrates Brought To Trial And Condemned To Death?. For more on this, including some supporting research, see Kohn, The Schools Our Children Deserve , especially chapter 2.

Buy Essay Papers Online -
Why was Socrates sentenced to death? - Quora

Nov 07, 2017 Why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, buy essay papers online -

The Death of Socrates - Center for Philosophy of Religion

History Department – Essay Writing Guide. This guide is intended to provide you with information about the skills of essay writing, including how and socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, when to use footnotes or endnotes, presentation requirements and how to reference different kinds of sources (books, articles or web pages, for instance) and Dinner Essay, with more general advice about planning, introducing and developing your essays as coherent and why was to trial and condemned to death?, effective arguments. The most important point to remember in working through this guide is that writing good essays and communicating your ideas effectively are skills you can learn, develop and build. One of the most important skills developed in an Arts degree is the ability to communicate your ideas in writing clearly and effectively. This involves numerous other skills, including the is hot than cold water, ability to summarise and paraphrase the work of other writers, the development of arguments and conclusions, and the effective use of evidence to support a case. Essay writing in History is particularly aimed at why was socrates to death?, helping you progressively develop your skills in research, analysing different forms of source material, using different kinds of evidence, and writing strong, critical and clear arguments. In most History subjects, you will be asked to produce different kinds of writing.

Short tutorial and document exercises usually address specific skills or tasks (locating sources, analysing a documents point of view, or assessing how particular images or words help us understand historical context, for instance), while examinations assess your knowledge of the content covered in particular subjects. Essays provide you with an Essay, opportunity to why was socrates brought and condemned explore a particular issue or theme in more depth. Man's Impact On The Environment? In general, the functions of an essay are: to introduce an why was socrates to trial and condemned to death?, argument, or contention, based upon the question or problem you choose to tackle; to develop and defend that argument or contention by discussing and analysing a range of appropriate evidence, and by critically assessing the interpretations of other historians; and to propose conclusions. The best essays have a clear line of argument, and they present a thesis. In other words, they state a position, defend that position, and arrive at strong, clear conclusions. They have a well-defined introduction which identifies the central problem or issue and introduces the argument, a body which logically develops the argument point-by-point, and a conclusion which sums up the argument. There are no simple instructions for good essay writing. Renaissance? As you progress through your university course, you should be developing skills in research, analysis and communication which will not only allow you to socrates to trial write good essays, but to effectively communicate your ideas in other situations as well. The tutors assessment of rich boy rapper, your essays provides you with feedback on your progress in these different skills. The desired outcomes of essays in third-year subjects include formulating research projects and acquiring independent research skills; presenting a sustained argument, based mainly on substantial primary sources; placing secondary sources in their cultural, ideological and epistemological context by showing where they fit into the current state of historical knowledge; and greater awareness of the ongoing debates about the philosophy and why was socrates, practice of history. The desired outcomes of essays in of Political Essay, second-year subjects include developing skills in the use of bibliographies and other reference material, critical reading, putting more independent thought and reflection into essays; greater understanding of documentary criticism and interpretation, and the critical analysis of secondary interpretations by other historians.

The desired outcomes of essays in first-year subjects include: helping you learn to argue your own position against other points of why was brought to death?, view; development of the conventions of kepler bio, good historical essay writing, such as rigorous documentation and footnoting; awareness of the variety of representations of the past; familiarity with the different ways historians use evidence; and why was socrates, the ability to rich boy rapper recognise, analyse and summarise an historical argument. Do not assume that you should target your arguments for socrates brought to death? particular lecturers or tutors. For a start, your predictions may be inaccurate. Moreover, arguing what you think you ought to argue is a lot more complicated and a lot less interesting than arguing what you come to believe as you gather information, review different interpretations, and form your own perspectives on an issue or problem. Any teacher can tell you that some of the best essays they read develop arguments they don’t agree with at johannes kepler bio, all, or arguments which challenge their own interpretations. Writing is why was to trial, easier if you imagine an audience: a person you want to convince of something, a person who wants to know about your ideas and perspectives. Your task, however, is not to tell your audience what they think, but to tell your audience what you think, and give them reasons and evidence which show why your conclusions are significant, interesting and convincing. 3. Choosing and kepler bio, comprehending the question or topic. Choose a topic or question you find interesting and challenging: it is easier and much more enjoyable to develop and defend a strong argument on something which interests and intrigues you than on something you find boring or simple.

Writing is not the outcome or the why was brought to trial and condemned to death?, finished product of learning: it is a vital part of learning. It is a way of sorting out and rich boy rapper, clarifying your interpretations, trying out your ideas, and discovering new ways of brought and condemned to death?, thinking about an issue. Think about the question or topic in these ways: what is the problem it suggests? what is the ‘angle’, the issue, which makes it interesting? what is Little Chinese Seamstress, my first reaction to the question: yes, no, maybe? do I agree or disagree with the contention or interpretation the topic suggests? what ideas and issues can I explore by answering this question? is brought to trial, there a simple answer, or might it be more complex than it looks? what kinds of information is the man's impact, question asking me to use? what themes can I explore? It is also important to look at why was to death?, the question and ask yourself: do I understand what the question or topic is asking me to do? Have I interpreted the of Political Development Essay, question correctly? If you are not sure, or if you want to check that the approach you are taking does address the question, talk to your tutor. Essay topics are designed to draw on to trial and condemned, the subject content developed in lectures and Definition of Political Development Essay, tutorials, and on reading you have completed. Reading the why was socrates, works of is hot water, other historians, such as those suggested in reading lists, will help you see how others have approached that problem or issue.

Historians often disagree on the importance or the meaning of events of evidence, or use different kinds of evidence to why was to trial and condemned challenge and amend prior interpretations. They will take different approaches to the same question, and suggest different ways of examining an issue, be it gender relations in medieval Europe or the reasons for the collapse of the Soviet Union or the impact of colonial rule in India. What you will see, however, is that all of these writers state a position. They address a problem. They answer a real or implied question. Dinner Essay? You should trace their strategies for developing arguments and drawing conclusions. As you do your introductory reading, review your lecture notes, and why was socrates brought and condemned to death?, read more widely, think about johannes bio your point of view, your own position in relation to other writers, and your own response to a problem.

Examine and evaluate the evidence: what conclusions can you draw? Which interpretations do you think best fit the available evidence? Your interpretations and conclusions do not have to why was socrates brought and condemned be new to be original, challenging, and convincing. Is Hot Water Denser? You should argue the case which you think emerges most clearly from the evidence and from your critical review of other historians work. You’ve read the books and articles recommended in the handbook or by your tutor. You’ve come up with some ideas about how you might approach the question, and you’ve got a pretty good idea about how other historians have interpreted the issues and addressed the topic. You’ve collected some evidence from a range of different sources and you’ve tried mapping out some preliminary ideas and arguments on why was and condemned, paper. You’ve looked again at the major themes of the man's on the, subject and why was socrates and condemned, thought about how you might address them in this essay.

In order to plan your essay, you now need to come up with an argument, a point of view which will guide your writing towards a conclusion. Would you agree with the argument that respect for the natural environment is a recent discovery for residents of Balzac and the Chinese Essays, Mars? Having read a variety of sources, you should be able to socrates and condemned to death? state your thesis (your answer) in a sentence or two. Yes, because prior to the environmental movements of the 1960s, the majority of rich boy rapper, Martians were more interested in exploiting than respecting the natural environment. No, because Martians have persistently respected their version of the and condemned, natural environment, because natural environments are always viewed in a romanticised and idealised form. No, it is difficult to draw a simple, general conclusion on this issue, as the evidence suggests that different groups of Chinese, Martians have interpreted and viewed the environment very differently over socrates, time, and no clear trend is visible even now. When you begin planning your essay, you should always be able to state your thesis in a fairly straightforward way, based on your initial reading and research for the topic.

This sentence or two states your case. Broadly, your essay is the exposition and defence of that case: it shows the rich boy rapper, reader how, and why, you have arrived at those conclusions. To write a good essay, you must first decide what your central argument is going to brought to trial and condemned be, and Little Chinese Seamstress Essays, then plan your essay to develop that argument. Of course, as you write your first draft, you may find that the argument changes and develops in a direction you did not anticipate. Few writers are completely sure of their final conclusions before they begin drafting: the task of writing down and defending the why was and condemned, argument often reveals unanticipated problems, or challenges and changes your first thoughts, or leads you toward one interpretation more than another. Often, too, you might need to go back to your sources, read through some of your notes, or do some further reading to clarify and expand an emerging point.

However, the basic thrust and content of your argument or thesis should be clear enough to allow you to plan the stages of your argument before you begin drafting. Perhaps the single best way of ensuring a successful essay is having a good plan . The plan should lay out your argument, for Balzac and the Little Seamstress Essays instance in point form, and you can also use it to why was socrates brought to trial indicate where you will use certain items of evidence and supporting arguments. introduction: state the case for no: Martians have persistently respected their version of the natural environment, because natural environments are always viewed in a romanticised and idealised form explain the thrust of the rich boy rapper, argument : dispute recent discovery, my essay focuses on previous century to show that respect for socrates brought to trial environment is always based on historically variable assumptions and preconceptions about beauty, usefulness and Dinner Party Essay, worth of nature explain idealisation/romanticisation of the natural environment (summarise Smith’s theory of socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, idealisation, discuss paintings, use examples from Balzac Chinese Seamstress Essays, Connor and Jones) list and give examples of different idealisations of natural environment in the nineteenth century and show different assumptions about beauty and usefulness behind each one (use examples from Green and Brown) show how these different ideals were sometimes contradictory or came into conflict (use example of forestry in socrates, Mars Forest) case study: the Martian garden legend (discuss the Renaissance Party, garden stories); argue that an environment under exploitation also increasingly romanticised (review the different interpretations of Green and Red, show why I think Green fits better with the evidence) summarise above points about previous century; what is respected in the recent past: argue that this is another idealisation (evidence: Martian tourist brochures); conclusion: restate the case , and argue that understanding respect for natural environment always means analysing the idealisation of natural environments. In the short essays common in first year, your plan is likely to be less complex, and may only brought to death? have four or five main points. As you progress into of Political Development Essay second and third year, you are expected to develop more sophisticated arguments, which makes good planning even more important. 6a. Introducing and developing the argument. In your introduction , you should state your case and, as in socrates brought to trial, the example above, set out the basic structure of your argument . You might also briefly summarise two or three of your main points.

If you have decided to adopt a particular focus (for instance, using case studies from a particular time or place, or narrowing the topic to concentrate on a particular theme), you should explain this in the introduction as well. Developing the argument : The example above shows how an argument is then developed towards its conclusion. Basically, each stage of your argument should be developed and defended in johannes bio, turn, by showing your interpretation of the brought and condemned to death?, appropriate evidence, by critically reviewing the work of other historians, and by using example, case study and explanation. A good way of thinking about this is to imagine that you are building your argument in rich boy rapper, blocks . Each paragraph is socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, a block which builds your argument towards a conclusion. Each block is Renaissance Essay, introduced and described, and then its place in the whole structure is shown.

Block 1: stage of the argument. On Mars in the 1850s, the beauty of nature was usually associated with wild, untouched landscapes. Painters rarely drew human figures. Why Was Brought To Death?? If there were humans, nature towered over them, as in Rembrandt’s Martian Mountains. In her book Environmental Perception on of Political Development Essay, Mars, Joan Brown argues that painters in the 1850s focused on why was socrates brought to death?, how nature was being conquered. However, Ash clearly shows that mid-nineteenth-century Martians usually depicted an idealised nature which was to be protected from the threats posed by civilisation. Block 2: next stage of the Definition Essay, argument.

The most crucial changes occurred after the Martian titanium rushes of the 1870s showed the potentially lucrative returns of mineral exploration and exploitation. Certainly, by the 1880s, most representations of the natural environment showed nature being tamed and civilised. Even mining sites appeared in nature paintings, and the work of Joseph Smith is a good example of how even the most intensive forms of exploitation were represented as beneficial intrusion for the landscape. Block 3: brief summary, and introducing the next stage of the argument. By the 1880s, therefore, the idealised untouched nature of the 1850s had been invaded by socrates and condemned, humans, and Renaissance Dinner Essay, an ideal natural landscape was now represented as one which was productive and bountiful. Humans did not threaten nature; they unleashed its potential. It was important for Martians, Smith argued in 1883, to feel relaxed and comfortable about the past and future of the why was socrates brought to trial to death?, Martian environment. Yet representations of an ideal environment as one conquered and populated by humans never completely replaced the older tradition of mourning the degradation of another form of ideal environment, the Martian garden. This alternative version became popular again in the 1890s. The body of Balzac Little Essays, your essay, therefore, uses evidence, examples and explanation to why was brought to trial develop your case point by point.

Each paragraph has a point to make, and occasional summary sentences guide the reader through the argument. 6b. Using different kinds of evidence. In developing your case, you will need to johannes bio make decisions about the socrates brought to death?, kinds of sources you will refer to, and the best ways to use them. Renaissance? Sources can generally be defined into two broad types: primary or documentary sources (usually written at the time by an eyewitness, direct participant or close observer) secondary or scholarly sources (usually interpretations and explanations written after the fact by someone analysing the primary or documentary sources) For example, a book containing the collected speeches of Charles de Gaulle is a primary source; an analysis of them by a political scientist or historian is why was socrates and condemned to death?, a secondary source. An article in of Political Development, the Age of brought to trial, 30 June 1900 about the is hot water than water, bubonic plague epidemic which affected Sydney during that year is a primary source; an why was brought and condemned to death?, article in the Age on 30 June 1990 discussing the Balzac and the Little Seamstress Essays, impact of the epidemic on public health policy in Australia is a secondary source.

Broadly, the primary or documentary sources are the raw material used by historians , the subject of your argument, while the socrates brought to death?, secondary or scholarly sources provide examples of how others have analysed and interpreted the problem or issue at hand. The distinction is not hard and fast, and there will always be exceptions. For instance, if you are writing an essay about historians’ representations of race in Britain, the secondary sources of the historians are in fact your primary documentary source. In most essays, you will be expected to rich boy rapper critically analyse the interpretations of other historians in this way. In any event, these different types of sources should both be read critically: analysed for their point of view, for the assumptions, ideas and understandings which inform them, and for the strategies writers use to advance their arguments. Don’t take anything on trust: be a critical reader of all kinds of sources and texts , and use your critical analysis of both primary and secondary sources in your essay. You also need to make decisions about how to use evidence: in the form of quotation, or in the form of summarising. It is best to use quotation strategically and socrates brought, sparingly : quote phrases or passages which best illustrate the point you are trying to make, or which really help you give your reader the flavour of the johannes kepler, evidence you are using. If you use a quotation, make sure it fits with the stage of the and condemned, argument you are advancing. Refer to the language, analyse the assumptions or strategies it reveals.

In other words, use quotation when the actual words are the single best way of providing the evidence and developing your case. If the quotation is less than about thirty words, combine it with your text, as in is hot water than water, this example where I am quoting the following phrase which is not very long. “You must always use quotation marks to brought and condemned to death? indicate the separation between your words and the words of someone else.” If it is longer than this, you should separate it from the text, and indent it: This is an Development Essay, example of a much longer quote. It contains a few sentences, and needs to be distinguished from the why was socrates to trial and condemned, body of the essay. When you are indenting a quote like this, note that you do not have to man's impact environment use quotation marks; as it is why was to trial and condemned, already separated, there is no need to indicate that by the use of such symbols. In general, use very little quotation from secondary or scholarly sources.

It is better to say what you mean in your own words, quoting another historian or interpreter only and the Little Chinese Seamstress where the phrase is particularly wonderful or where you need to show precisely how that writer made their point in to trial, order to criticise, defend or develop it. In all other cases, it is best to summarise. Essay? Write reflective summaries of what others have written, relating those interpretations to your argument. Why Was Socrates To Trial To Death?? You might find that the example paragraphs on the previous page gives you a more concrete idea of how a writer can use a mix of summary and direct quotation from different kinds of sources to develop their argument. In your conclusion, you should restate your case strongly and clearly by summarising your main points. Of Political Essay? It is also possible to raise issues and socrates brought to death?, problems in your conclusion, especially broader questions which are beyond the scope of your essay.

You might reflect on what your interpretation implies for contemporary debates or discussions, write briefly about the broader implications of your position, or consider what your interpretations tells us about the role and nature of history itself. Use your conclusion to argue for Definition of Political Development Essay the significance of your argument and socrates brought to death?, your interpretation. Be careful, though: a poorly developed argument followed by sweeping speculations on the nature of the universe or the human condition is unlikely to be either effective or convincing. Again, as you develop your skills in formulating, developing and defending arguments, you will also develop your ability to write more reflectively and to Balzac use essays to open up these kinds of why was, complex questions. 7. Writing clearly and effectively. The best single rule is to always use clear expression: write simply and environment, with clarity and avoid complex sentence constructions . Use definite, specific and socrates brought and condemned to death?, concrete language. Johannes Kepler Bio? Don’t use unnecessary words, and and condemned, make sure you understand the words you are using. Writing problems often occur when people try to Definition Essay use very complex language and syntax. A better idea is to establish a simple and socrates to trial, clear style first, and then gradually develop more complex sentence forms and means of expression. Definition? As you develop your writing skills, vary your sentence structures and why was and condemned, lengths to add variety.

Short sentences often add emphasis to a particularly important point. Denser Than Cold? Spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors detract from an argument, whatever its quality: careful editing of your draft is very important. It is why was to trial and condemned to death?, also important to rich boy rapper use accurate language, which is one good reason for using non-discriminatory language. For instance, the statement that men adapted themselves to these new conditions should lead any critical reader to why was to trial to death? ask what women were doing at that time. It is a reasonable and accepted convention that all forms of Party, public communication, including journalism, business language and academic writing, should use non-discriminatory language. There are at least five effective ways of improving your writing. Always read your own work.

what is socrates brought to death?, my main idea, my contention, my argument? am I getting it across to the reader? Take responsibility for critically assessing your own writing . Look at the comments made on your previous essays, and work out Dinner whether this one repeats the strengths and why was and condemned, overcomes the weaknesses of your previous work. If you need to, speak to the person who assessed your work, and ask them for more guidance. Party Essay? Reading other writers. As you read, evaluate the styles of different writers.

What makes them more or less effective? What is most important to you as a reader, and what makes good writers better to read? Practice. Socrates To Death?? Like any other set of skills, writing improves with practice and with constructive assessment, by yourself and by others. Read your own work out man's impact on the environment loud . You do not need to comprehend the rules of grammar or the intricacies of syntax to know when something sounds clumsy, or when a sentence needs punctuation, or when a long paragraph has completely lost its drift. Reading your draft out why was socrates to trial to death? loud is also a good way to add variety and on the environment, oomph to your language. If its boring you to tears, or if you have no idea what it means, it might be time for why was socrates to trial redrafting.

Let other people read what you write . It is particularly good to give your essay to Dinner Party someone who is not an expert in the area you are writing about. If it doesn’t make sense to them, your argument might need clarification. If they struggle to read it, you might need to edit more carefully. University teachers will not usually be able to read drafts of students work, but there are plenty of other people who can give you feedback. Swap essays with fellow students. Get the people you live with to socrates and condemned read them. Distribute them on johannes bio, buses.

8. Why Was Socrates Brought And Condemned To Death?? Referencing Instructions for Essays. Decisions about when to cite sources can be difficult. Effective referencing is another writing skill your university work aims to develop. The reader should, in theory, be able to retrace your steps in gathering evidence for your argument. Rich Boy Rapper? In other words, you provide citations as a kind of road map that shows readers how you came to why was brought and condemned these conclusions, shows readers where you derived your information and, if relevant, shows readers where you derived the ideas or interpretations that you are paraphrasing, adopting or challenging. Therefore, you need to provide citations in Dinner Party, the following instances: where you directly quote someone else’s words; where you are directly summarising someone else’s argument and ideas; where you are summarising arguments and ideas derived from a number of sources; to point your readers to the source of information; to translate words or phrase in a foreign language that a reader cannot reasonably be presumed to understand.

In general, you need to provide sources for statements that are problematic or debatable in the context of your argument, or that a reasonably well-informed person would not be expected to know. Why Was Socrates Brought To Trial? Again, the ability to successfully make these judgements is a skill you will develop with practice and experience. If you offer a translation of a word or phrase in a foreign language, the basis of your decision should be whether a reader could reasonably be presumed to know the johannes, meaning of the phrase or word already. Socrates Brought? There is no need to Renaissance Dinner Essay translate coup d’etat or Sultan or Blitzkrieg, for instance. The use of why was socrates brought to trial, citation to refer readers to the work of other writers is occasionally useful, but for the most part, your citations refer only to of Political books, articles and other material you have used directly.

Only cite information that you have actually looked at yourself, or: always SIGHT what you CITE . It is fine to use a second-hand reference (like a quotation or a summary in a book from a source to socrates to trial to death? which you do not have access), but you should indicate that in your citation. An example of than, how to why was and condemned to death? do this is provided in the next section. Bio? You can also use citations to clarify specific points, or add a small amount of socrates to trial to death?, additional information or supporting evidence. You should not use footnotes or endnotes as a sort of Balzac Essays, second argument, nor to provide paragraph after paragraph of why was socrates brought to death?, new information. If it is not important enough to put into the body of the water than water, essay, then leave it out. 8b. Numbering and placement of footnote and endnote numbers. When providing footnotes or endnotes, number notes consecutively throughout the text.

Put these numbers at the end of socrates brought and condemned, sentences, if at all possible, and distinguish them from the text either by Renaissance Dinner, superscripting (raising above the line) or placing them in to trial and condemned, brackets. If you use material from two different sources in the same sentence, it is often possible to combine the two citations in one footnote, using a semi-colon to separate them. Usually, you will refer to information or material at particular places in a larger work so you will need to show the page (p.) or pages (pp.) on denser than cold, which the material is located. This text produces the brought to death?, following footnotes: On Mars in the 1850s, the ‘beauty’ of rich boy rapper, nature was usually associated with wild, untouched landscapes. Painters rarely drew human figures. If there were humans, nature towered over them, as in Rembrandt’s ‘Martian Mountains’. 1 In her book Environmental Perception on why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, Mars , Joan Brown argues that “painters in the 1850s focused on how nature was being conquered”. Man's Impact Environment? 2 However, Ash clearly shows that mid-nineteenth-century Martians respected an idealised nature which was to be kept separate from civilisation. To Trial To Death?? 3. 1 K. Float (ed.), The Magical World of Ken Rembrandt , New York, 1965, p. 68.

2 Joan Brown, Environmental Perception on Mars , Sydney, 1995, p. Man's Impact Environment? 13. 3 Ann Ash, Joan Brown is Wrong , Sydney, 1996, pp. 1-23. 8c. Citing different kinds of sources. The following rules should help you through most situations. The absolute rule is to be consistent. Inconsistency drives readers crazy, and brought to trial and condemned to death?, is not a good tactic when you are attempting to convince those readers of the accuracy of your interpretations and arguments. There are also specific rules for the citation of classical texts like the Bible, the Koran and so on. Renaissance Dinner Party? If you are studying subjects in which these texts are used, your tutor will provide you with the why was to death?, information you need to cite correctly.

Please note: Some areas of rich boy rapper, history, especially those published by European and English publishing houses (and now more often Australian publishers), follow the conventions set out in the MHRA (Modern Humanities Research Association’s) Style Guide (available electronically at http://www.mhra.org.uk/Publications/Books/StyleGuide/download.shtml, see section 10.2.2). The guide differs to the above in that it adds the publisher to the publication details, and is formatted differently. For example: Peter Burke, The European Renaissance: Centres and Peripheries (Oxford: Blackwell, 1998), pp. 54-56. It is now common practice to use full stops only where the abbreviation of the why was brought to trial and condemned to death?, word does not contain the last letter of the word. So, editor becomes ed., but editors becomes eds. Doctor is denser, Dr, but Professor is Prof.. Also, where an socrates brought to death?, abbreviated title is rich boy rapper, used very commonly, you do not need to put in socrates brought to trial to death?, full stops: for instance, ALP, ACTU or UNESCO . Primary or documentary material cited by another author.

If you need to water denser cold refer to a quote or to a piece of evidence which you accessed in a secondary or scholarly source rather than the original source, use these examples as a guide: R. Socrates And Condemned To Death?? G. And The Little Chinese Seamstress? Menzies, speech in the House of Representatives, 23 March 1943, cited in Judith Brett, Robert Menzies Forgotten People, Melbourne 1992, p. 47. Letter from Lewis Mumford to Frederic Osborn, 2 April 1937, cited in Alison Ravetz, Remaking the Urban Environment, London 1980, pp. 148-9. The general rule is that if the original source is available, you should go to and use that original source, rather than borrowing your evidence from socrates brought, another writer.

Author of is hot water denser cold, document (first name, last name), name of document (use italic or underline), in editor (ed.) or editors (eds), title of collection (use italics or underline), place and date of publication, page or pages. John of socrates brought and condemned to death?, Salisbury, Policraticus , trans. J. Dickinson, in J.B. Ross and M.M. McLaughlin (eds), The Portable Medieval Reader , Harmondsworth, 1977, pp. 251-2. (Note: ‘trans.’ is the abbreviation for ‘translated by’.) If your area of history follows the MHRA Style Guide , this item in is hot water cold, your bibliography would follow the same convention outlined earlier, namely: John of Salisbury, Policraticus , trans.

J. Dickinson, in The Portable Medieval Reader , ed. by J.B. Ross and why was socrates brought to trial, M.M. McLaughlin (Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1977), pp. 251- 2. If the document was not published but has a title (for instance, an unpublished paper or a speech or an article), use single inverted commas around the name of the document. If it was not published and has no title (a letter, for instance), there is no need for any marking. For instance: Friederich Engels, ‘The evils of capitalism’, in K. Kharkov (ed.), The Collected Speeches of Engels , Moscow, 1954, pp. Cold? 23-8. Yves of Narbonne, letter to Gerald of Mallemort, c. 1241, in Walter L. Wakefield and Austin P. Evans (eds), Heresies of the why was socrates, High Middle Ages , New York, 1991, pp.

185-7. If you are going to bio be using documents in archives, or other unpublished material, consult your tutor for assistance with citation rules. If you are referring to normal newspaper writing (news of events, editorials, and so on), you need only provide the name of the newspaper and the date: The Age , 25 April 1996. If you wish to refer to a specific article, usually by an invited contributor, or to a significant special feature (say, a four-page special report or a report in socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, a weekly magazine), use the same format as for articles in journals or magazines. Author (first name, last name), title (use either italics or underline), place and date of publication, page (p.) or pages (pp.) of the Renaissance Essay, information to which you are referring. So: Tim Bonyhady, The Colonial Earth , Melbourne, 2000, p. 13. These publication details are always on one of the first pages of the book (and usually on the page after the main title page): these details list the publisher and the place of publication, and why was to death?, give other information, most of which you don’t need to provide (though see the kepler bio, note below). Why Was Socrates Brought And Condemned To Death?? It is important to check if this is the first edition of the book, as subsequent editions may contain major revisions, which your reader will need to know in order to follow your research trail.

If the book is Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, a second or subsequent edition, put that information behind the title. Socrates Brought To Trial To Death?? Some further examples: Joanna Bourke, Dismembering the rich boy rapper, Male: Men’s Bodies , Britain and the Great War, London, 1996, pp. 98-104. John Kasson, Houdini, Tarzan, and the perfect man: the why was and condemned, white male body and the challenge of modernity in America , New York, 2001, p. 231. Thompson, Paul, The Voice of the Past: Oral History , 2nd ed., Oxford, 1988, pp. 53-76. Again, for bio those following the MHRA style of referencing (see above), the publisher is included in the publication details. For example:

Peter Burke, The European Renaissance: Centres and Peripheries (Oxford: Blackwell, 1998), pp. 54-56. Place of publication is always a city or town, not a state, province, region, nation or continent. Author (first name, last name), title of chapter (use single inverted commas around title, lower case), in why was socrates brought and condemned to death?, editor (ed.) (or editors (eds)), title of book (use either italics or underline), place and is hot denser than water, date of publication, pages to which you are referring. Roger Cooter, ‘War and and condemned to death?, Modern Medicine’, in W. F. Bynum Roy Porter (eds), Companion Encyclopedia of the History of Medicine , London, 1993, p. 156.

E. Zinkhan, ‘Louisa Albury Lawson: feminist and patriot’, in D. Adelaide (ed.), A Bright and rich boy rapper, Fiery Troop , Melbourne, 1988, 27-8. Estelle Freedman, ‘”Uncontrolled Desires”: The Response to the Sexual Psychopath, 1920-1960’, in Kathy Peiss Christina Simmons (eds), Passion and Power: Sexuality in History , Philadelphia, 1989, pp. 187-99. Please note: for to trial those following the MHRA Style Guide (see above), and are including the name of the publisher, a footnote reference would be styled like this example: Eve Salisbury, ‘ “Spare the Rod and is hot water than cold, Spoil the Child”: Proverbial Speech Acts, Boy Bishop Sermons, and Pedagogical Violence’, in Speculum Sermonis , ed. by Georgiana Donavin, Cary J. Nederman, and Richard Utz (Turnhout: Brepols, 2004), pp. 141-55 (p. 153).

(Here ‘pp. 141-55’ indicate the page span of Salisbury’s contribution to why was brought and condemned the volume, and the bracketed ‘(p. 153)’ indicates the specific page reference.) Articles in journals or magazines. Author (first name, last name), title of article (use single inverted commas around title, lower case), title of journal or magazine (use either italics or underline), volume or number, year of publication, pages covered by Definition of Political, the article, specific page(s) to which you are referring. Phil Scraton, ‘Policing with Contempt: The Degrading of Truth and Denial of Justice in why was brought to trial to death?, the Aftermath of the Hillsborough Disaster”, Journal of Law and Society , vol. 26, 1999, pp. 273-97, p. 275. Emily K. Abel, ‘Valuing Care: Turn-of-the-Century Conflicts between Charity Workers and Women Clients’, Journal of Women’s History , vol.

10, 1998, pp. 32-52, pp. 34-5. You will find information about volume number on man's impact environment, the title page of each journal. If there is why was socrates to trial and condemned to death?, both a volume and an issue number, just the volume number will usually do (for instance, American Historical Review , 102 (1995), or Australian Historical Studies , 26 (1994-5)). Most journals continue numbering pages throughout one volume, even if that volume has several separate issues or numbers.

So a reference would read: Katherine Lowe, ‘Elections of Abbesses and impact on the, Notions of Identity in Fifteenth- and Sixteenth-Century Italy, with Special Reference to why was socrates to trial Venice’, Renaissance Quarterly , 54 (2001), 389-429 (p. 390). Director (last name, first name), dir, Name of the rich boy rapper, film (use either italics or underline), year of release. Hicks, Scott, dir, Shine , 1996. Hitchcock, Alfred, dir, The Birds , 1963. Name of the program (in single inverted commas) and, if this program is part of a series, the specific title of the program and the name of the series (use either italics or underline), location of the program, date of the program. Aboriginal Land Rights: A Special Report, ABC Radio National, 11 December 2002.

Interview with John Howard, 3LO, 8 February 2003. ‘Golly Gee, I’m Interviewing a Famous Person’, Sixty Minutes , Nine Network, 13 February 2001. ‘The Reckoning’, The Frontier House , ABC Television, 27 April 2003. Author of the document (if known), name of the document (if relevant), date of the brought and condemned to death?, document (if known), at full WWW address, date on which you accessed the page. ‘Social Conditions in Seventeenth-Century France’, at http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/17france-soc.html, accessed 31 March 2003. ‘Suffragists Picketing the White House, January 1917’ (photograph), at http://teachpol.tcnj.edu/amer_pol_hist/thumbnail291.html, access 17 April 2003.

Sojourner Truth, Narrative of Sojourner Truth, a Northern Slave, Emancipated from Bodily Servitude by the State of New York, in and the Little Chinese Seamstress Essays, 1828 (1850), at http://docsouth.unc.edu/neh/truth50/truth50.html, accessed 16 April 2003. Using Resources From the Internet and WWW. While there are some very useful sites for historians, including homepages describing research, or containing documents, photographs and interpretive materials, or providing primary documents like speeches, transcripts or debates, you need to be as critical and careful in your use of WWW resources as in your use of to death?, any other kind of evidence . A good deal of the material on the web is not ‘screened’ in any way: it is not edited, reviewed by others, or subject to any control. This is its greatest strength and its greatest weakness as a medium, and makes the Balzac Little Chinese Seamstress, task of critically assessing and using sources even more important. For the citation, you need to give your reader enough information so that they can easily locate your source: in this case, the full web site information. You also need to tell your reader when you accessed the page: because web pages are updated, the information may have changed location or been removed.

In fact, it is a good idea to print out a copy of the page(s) you are using: you can use them more easily, and you have a copy of the information should it subsequently disappear from the why was to trial to death?, web. Citing something for the second time: use of abbreviations and short titles. Once you have given full information in the first footnote, you should use abbreviations and short titles to refer to the same source again. What will usually suffice is the authors last name and a short title (i.e. the first few significant words of the title, as below). Ibidem (always abbreviate as Ibid.) indicates in Renaissance Dinner Party Essay, the place just described, but it must follow directly from the previous citation. 1 Joanna Bourke, Dismembering the Male: Men’s Bodies, Britain and the Great War , London, 1996, pp. 98-104. 3 Roger Cooter, ‘War and Modern Medicine’, in to trial and condemned to death?, W. F. Man's Environment? Bynum Roy Porter (eds), Companion Encyclopedia of the History of Medicine , London, 1993, p. 156.

4 Bourke, Dismembering the Male , pp. 126-9. 5 Cooter, ‘War and Modern Medicine’, p. 158. In endnote 6, the why was socrates to trial and condemned, information is johannes bio, contained on the same page as endnote 5, and therefore you do not need to repeat the socrates to trial, page number. Again, keep in mind the principle of giving the reader the amount of information they would need to find the material for themselves.

There may be particular conventions which you should observe for bio particular units: you will be provided with these where necessary. In general, historians do not use the Harvard referencing system. Archaeology students, whose discipline does employ this system when referencing, should follow the norms of history referencing when writing history essays. Brought To Trial And Condemned? Similarly, history students should use the Harvard referencing system when writing archaeology essays. Students need to be aware that in archaeology/ancient history a variety of styles is used: Harvard, Oxford and MHRA. Students in the Centre for Archaeology and Ancient History must be able to use all of them correctly; they also use unpublished materials of the types outlined for history and reference them in of Political, footnotes. Socrates Brought To Trial? In the end, it is is hot water, a matter of communicating your understanding of your evidence in the style appropriate for your discipline and why was brought and condemned to death?, task. Unit coordinators will advise you if you are unsure. 9. Forming a bibliography and an annotated bibliography. Your essay should include a bibliography of all sources. Development? If you have used a wide variety of different types of socrates brought to trial and condemned, sources, it is is hot water water, helpful to brought to trial and condemned to death? put them into different sections: for instance, the Renaissance Dinner, documents or texts (primary sources) you have used might be separated from the historical scholarship (secondary sources).

In general, follow the same conventions described above with the exception that authors’ surnames precede their forenames/initials to allow for easier alphabetisation (as in the example below). List your sources alphabetically within each section. However, you do not need to include the brought to trial, page numbers for rich boy rapper specific information or citations in your bibliography. Films, television and radio shows and documents from web sites should be included: if there is socrates, no author, put them at the front of the list and Balzac and the Little Seamstress, order them alphabetically by title. Newspapers should be listed, but you do not need to provide the dates.

Note: those following the MHRA conventions will include the publisher’s name, along with slightly different formatting, as given in examples above (e.g. Burke, Peter, The European Renaissance: Centres and Peripheries (Oxford: Blackwell, 1998)). Contemporary documents and why was brought to death?, texts. John of Salisbury, Policraticus , trans. J. Dickinson, in J.B. Ross and M.M. McLaughlin (eds), The Portable Medieval Reader, Harmondsworth, 1977. Truth, Sojourner, Narrative of Sojourner Truth, a Northern Slave, Emancipated from rich boy rapper, Bodily Servitude by the State of New York, in 1828 (1850), at http://docsouth.unc.edu/neh/truth50/truth50.html, accessed 16 April 2003. The Birds, dir. Why Was Brought To Trial To Death?? Alfred Hitchcock, 1963.

‘The Reckoning’, The Frontier House, ABC Television, 27 April 2003. Abel, Emily K., ‘Valuing Care: Turn-of-the-Century Conflicts between Charity Workers and Women Clients’, Journal of bio, Women’s History, vol. 10, 1998, pp. Brought And Condemned? 32-52. Kasson, John, Houdini, Tarzan, and the Perfect Man: The White Male Body and the Challenge of Modernity in America, New York, 2001.

All sources which you have used in order to assist your interpretation of your evidence (the historical scholarship, or secondary sources), should be annotated, when an annotated bibliography is required in rich boy rapper, the unit. Annotation tells the reader what role a particular source played in developing your argument. A statement of two or three sentences is usually ample. For instance: Joanna Bourke, Dismembering the Male: Men’s Bodies, Britain and the Great War, London, 1996. Bourke’s argument about the why was brought and condemned to death?, changing meaning of ‘disability’ provided a very important perspective on the links between wartime and postwar debates over masculine vulnerability.

Her interpretation of what ‘shell-shock’ taught doctors about manhood was particularly valuable for my argument, as was her discussion of of Political, dress reform movements during the 1920s. One of the most important skills in effective communication is formatting and presenting your work in ways which help rather than hinder your reader. The impression of why was brought and condemned, clarity, fluency and organisation created by man's, good formatting is very important; conversely, a good essay written without regard for the eye as well as the mind is an ineffective piece of why was socrates to death?, communication. Some general guidelines: observe the word length, or at least a margin of error of about 10 per cent: one of the skills of writing is to write to a target, and to tailor your argument to suit the demands of rich boy rapper, that target. Why Was Socrates To Trial And Condemned? A short 1500 word essay on wartime politics in Nazi Germany or criminality in nineteenth-century Australia is meant to be a short essay, not a major thesis. Of Political? Adapt your case, and the ground you will cover, so that you can write something effective and convincing within the word length; include a word count with your essay. type, print or handwrite the why was socrates brought and condemned to death?, essay on man's, one side of the why was socrates to trial to death?, paper only, using standard A4 paper, and number each page. Party Essay? For essays of 1500 words or more, it is reasonable for your tutor to expect a typed or printed copy, though handwriting is fine for shorter exercises; double or one-and-a-half spacing is required, because it leaves more room for comments and corrections; leave a 4cm margin on the left hand side, and socrates brought to death?, a 1.5cm margin on Balzac and the Little Essays, the right, again for comments and ease of reading. Ensure that you use at socrates brought to trial and condemned, least a 12-point font. Bio? attach a cover sheet (standard cover sheets are available in the pigeonholes under the counter of the School of Historical Studies’ General Office, W604).

You must tick all the socrates brought and condemned, boxes on the reverse side of the cover sheet before signing off under the plagiarism and collusion statement on the front of the sheet. ensure that your essay stays together: staples, paper clips, a plastic folder, whatever (we do not grade essays by weight, so go easy on the staples).

Order Essays Online Cheap -
Why was Socrates sentenced to death? - Quora

Nov 07, 2017 Why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, you can now order essay assistance from real academics -

Change management essay on McDonalds. Change management can be defined as ‘the process of continually renewing an organisation’s direction, structure, and capabilities to serve the ever changing needs to external and internal customers’ (Moran and Brightman, 2001). Why Was Brought To Trial And Condemned. As per Burnes (2004) change is johannes bio a feature which is always present in the life of organisation. It exist both at operational and why was brought to death?, strategic level. The organisation is aware about where the change is required and is fully capable of planning and implementing these changes in its structure .According to Burnes 2004; Rieley and Clarkson, 2001, the organisations strategy and organisational strategies are something which goes hand in hand and cannot be separated. In the words of Graetz, 2000, ‘Against a backdrop of increasing globalisation, deregulation, the rapid pace of technological innovation, a growing knowledge of workforce, and shifting social and demographic trends, few would dispute that the primary task of management today is leadership of organisational change.’ In early times the theories believed that if the organisation keeps changing management system then it can no longer run effectively nor can it make any improvement in performance (Rieley and Little Chinese Essays, Clarkson, 2001). It was believed that the company had to bring new management theory into routine in order to achieve efficiency and improvement in the performance. This Means that an organisation has to brought to death?, give ample time for a particular change to Dinner Party, be adopted and settle down in daily routine so that it can be run in socrates to death? efficient manner (Luecke, 2003).However in today’s time It is believed that staff of the organisation should go through continuous change to achieve efficiency (burnes, 2004; Rieley and Clarkson, 2001)

According to Grundy, 1993 ‘change which is marked by rapid shifts in strategy, structure or culture, or in Dinner Party all three.’ Senior, 2002 adds to it saying that this kind of sudden change or implementation can be caused only due to socrates brought to death?, malfunctioning of the internal structure or it can be caused due to rich boy rapper, external pressure. Every organisation is socrates brought to trial and condemned looking to Balzac and the Little Seamstress, move forward by implanting a management system with will boost organisations strength and capability, enhancing its competitiveness. An organisation has to deal with unforeseen situations in today’s highly competitive environment and to deal with this it has to be more flexible and ready for any situational changes that it will have to make, like adoption of new technology or some latest development in theory for current market. In the fast moving economic environment there continuous changes in the type of socrates brought and condemned technology, the way the product is marketed, trends etc. the organisation has to be more flexible to adopt changes in Chinese Essays order to remain competitive in the global market. Change can be good in a way; it can make complex work very simple and helps to improve lives through new innovations. Organisations bring change in their working structures to be more competitive and providing the brought to trial, best to their customers. As per Carlpio (1998) change is something to do with implementation of new innovative ways of doing things, enabling the room for improvement in the system through practice. Number of Renaissance Dinner changes can be introduced in the system but the one which brings success to the organisation is considered to be the most important one of all. A change in why was and condemned to death? management system is important specially when a particular system which the running organisation is facing difficulties or has some problems with it. Changes are brought in to improve the organisations performance. Changes are mostly brought due to forces which can be internal or external yee, 1998.

Changes can be brought at different level of an Renaissance Essay, organisation (Swenson, 1997) The modification needed or which can be done maybe many or quite a few (Reigeluth, 1994). There could be various factors for change (Bamford and Forrester, 2003). Change can be either internal or external. External include new technology which is current requirement of the industry or trend in the current economy which may have direct impact on profitability of the business. A structured method of change was adopted in 1946 by Lewin (Bamford and Forrester, 2003) what lewin had to say was something different than the old theories, he mentioned that in order to apply any new theory or change management an organisation will have to first discard it’s old management structure or system. Management of brought and condemned changes pays a role in johannes identifying objectives of the organisation and then sets goals accordingly. Why Was Socrates Brought And Condemned. Its role is to implement new changes in the organisation in which it can be noticed that these changes ultimately bring innovations. The first step towards organisational change is to understand the requirements of the organisation and issues with the current management structure. The purpose of the paper is to provide insight of change management process in the chosen company which is McDonalds and provide solution and recommendation for the same. McDonalds is a company with mile stones of success which was started in 1954 by Ray Kroc as a burger shop which was then turned through extensive marketing planning and campaigning making it a global brands in today’s time.

It is renowned fast food brands all over Renaissance Dinner Essay the world with more than 32,000 branches in socrates brought to trial and condemned to death? 117 countries.McDonald’s trade mark was a carefully created and was a successful hit which was a clown with a smile. The big Mac is one of the Essay, most successful products of McDonalds. McDonalds offers a menu which is almost the same all cross the world. The menu includes burgers, hamburgers, cheese burgers and why was socrates brought to trial to death?, drinks include soft drinks with fries. Essay. McDonalds target customers includes kids, teens and families. It is now the most renowned brand in fast food that sells ready to eat and quickly served fast food. In spite of being a famous brandMcDonaldsis still facing some issue and needs to change its management structure and image as the people in current time have a bit different expectations then those in previous days (McDonalds 2010) In today’s time people have become more diet and health conscious and why was socrates brought to death?, are now moving towards food which is healthy and has more nutritional values. Fast food has always been known as junk food with no nutritional value and the popular opinion was that fast food results into obesity by is hot denser than cold water increasing fats in the body. Today’s generation is more figure conscious and are looking forward for food which is low fat and high in proteins.

McDonaldsis facing problems as it is a well established fast food brand and to trial to death?, fast food is always related to unhealthy and fattening food, while competitors ofMcDonaldshave already made a move towards health conscious products by introducing entire new range which is healthy and non fattening. McDonalds needs to change the way it markets itself and also need to introduce a new line of man's on the environment products, as per socrates to trial and condemned expectations of new generation’s customers. Advertising and marketing places an important role in water denser cold water establishing an image of the company in why was to trial the eyes of the rich boy rapper, society in which it operates. The scope of change widely lies in the implementation of socrates brought to trial to death? integrated marketing strategy. In this paper the importance is given to johannes kepler bio, marketing and advertisement part as to launch new range of healthy products, the company has to implement new marketing practises. The new marketing campaign will adopt a new health conscious process which will flow along with a trend of fitting with health related issues like obesity in young children’s and create awareness about health eating practises. The main objective of this campaign is to promote its new products which are healthy and socrates brought to death?, contains low fats. This will help create positive image of McDonalds among the customers and make them aware of new products which are healthier than the earlier once.

To execute these plans the company has to plan its new strategy of advertising and marketing ideas and put a team in place to implement this strategy. The company has also introduced new smoothes and shakes along with healthy breakfast which is available before 12 in all the branches in UK. The marketing integrated campaigns main aim to reflect company mission and new attitude is been seen by the public through companies new promotion and marketing plans. When implementing change, conflicts will always follow. There are always conflicts on the route towards changes either before or after it has been initiated. Change in management can be the reason to bring success or failure to an organisation; however conflicts can bring problems if there are not resolved in time as they can bring obstacles in the new management structure introduced. The management has to be aware that it should be capable of not only introducing necessary changes but also be able to water, implement them effectively clearing all the obstacles. The main reason to bring changes in to trial the organisation structure especially through marketing campaign is to improve the man's impact environment, image of the organisation and to make the company more competitive in its industry. The company might have to face many obstacles in doing this and these obstacles can be both external and internal. It is important to why was socrates and condemned, know the consent of the stakeholders of the organisation as they are very important part of the organisation.

Stake holders include share holders, customers, supplier and employees. It is important for an organisation to keep all its stakeholders happy because if they are happy then it’s beneficial for the organisation. But there will conflict due to on the, changes as there will be resistance from the side of employees or customers themselves as often people resist changing. There may be employees or customers who would accept the change happily but the problem is with those who do not agree with new management system which is to be implemented. Most of the time they may think that the change which has been brought is and condemned to death? nothing to do with the issue or it may worsen the situations. I it may also happen that within employees they might not trust people who are in charge of and the Little Seamstress Essays this new change. Employees are not the brought to trial to death?, only one who creates obstacles for change sometimes even the customers are not ready for change.

If they do not take to Renaissance Essay, change positively then this may create issue for the company to achieve its goal for the change. Along with this another problem that McDonalds may face is finding the right staff to drive this change that will be responsible to deliver these changes in why was to trial and condemned department of marketing and denser, communication. In addition to from employees and customer’s resistance there can be other barriers this may affect the process of socrates brought to trial and condemned to death? change. Rich Boy Rapper. The strategic implementation is important part of changes; complications in this can be problematic for the company. Why Was Socrates To Trial To Death?. There can be many other issues which can create barriers in changes such as conflict in view of share holders or the problem in finance and lack of budget of the Development Essay, company another problem can be sustaining the process of change. As per why was socrates brought and condemned carlopio 1998 innovation is Development Essay something that does not happen in a day it takes series of phases to why was brought and condemned, finish the process of Dinner change. Staff involved in this change management process must undergo some kind of to death? training and learning procedure to Dinner Party Essay, make them competent to sustain the series of change until it attains success.

Inability to handle or lack of experience and knowledge in implementation of strategic change may not be able to achieve integrated marketing and communication strategies. So to overcome the problem of negative response the management of the company should make the staff go through necessary training and development programmes. The training programme should be such that it should provide complete understanding of the programme to the members of the staff. Why Was Socrates Brought And Condemned To Death?. It should make sure that none of the Balzac and the Little Chinese Essays, information is missed in the training programme. After the programme there should be a follow up to why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, check if all the members have understood and man's environment, have sufficient information to support change. There can be internal conflicts between the members of the staff due to why was socrates brought to trial to death?, cultural issues.

This bring problem in Balzac and the Little Seamstress harmony of the members in the organisation, leading to conflict within the company. McDonalds must understand the cultures of its employees and should identify the problem that may be caused because of the conflicts if any (wikins and Dyer, 1998) McDonalds should incorporate governance in the system to enhance the quality of staff and the time spent by them at the work place. Different appraisal policies can help to boost employees. Working environment can also be improved so that staff members can have a good time while working for the company which at the same time also benefits the organisation. Strong organisation culture along with good management team is needed to solve such internal conflict issues. The second most important change is to sustain the success that had been achieved through implementation of new management process.

Change is part of the society and it comes again in regular interval of time (Carlopio, 1998). For the success of why was socrates to trial change management it is important that all the stakeholders know or are made aware that current change has been brought for the betterment of them. The management of the organisation should constantly analyse the Renaissance Party, current market trends and predict future scenarios, so that it can prepare itself for next set of why was to trial and condemned to death? change that will be required for the success of the organisation. The success of the new changes in management cannot be correctly predicted as it completely depends on the attitudes of the young generation and the society. Changing the image from fast seller to a company who provides healthy meal is not a easy process, but with strong marketing campaigns and on the, advertisement the message can be sent to people and there is a chance that this message will be delivered. Brought And Condemned. It is rich boy rapper imperative that the why was socrates and condemned to death?, new image of McDonalds reaches all 117 countries.

After this message has been promoted there is a chance of getting rid of the critic’s comments that McDonalds brands have unhealthy and fattening. In other words innovation can be explained as a bunch or new ideas which have been successfully implemented (Kuhn, 1993). Innovation can be led by johannes kepler bio two factors which is why was socrates brought to trial and condemned to death? technology based innovation and the second one is demand based innovation. However most of the innovations are charged up realisation of demand instead of technology. Changes are mainly driven by impact on the constant research and development, performed by companies and RD is given a lot of attention.

Apart from RD there can be other ways of socrates brought to trial and condemned to death? bringing innovation and one of the Balzac Chinese Seamstress, simplest ways to keep improving working practises while in the daily routine. Combination of knowledge and extensive work experience can help to innovate a new a better way of socrates brought to trial and condemned to death? doing things. Radical innovation always come from the johannes bio, RD department of the company but innovations which are incremental can only come from through practice (Lundvall, 1992). McDonalds will have to plan and and condemned to death?, implement its new marketing campaigns effectively with effective ways of doing it. The company has to take care that its internal staff is competent in delivering the outcome and Balzac Little Essays, that is minimum resistance from the why was socrates brought to death?, internally. There is a good chance that McDonalds can change its image in food industry from junk food supplier to a health conscious meal provider. As per beverage 2003, the management of the Balzac Little, organisation has to be on why was brought and condemned, toss all the time to keep the of Political Development Essay, organisation up to the market expectation.

They have to continuously analyse and monitor current market conditions so that that they are aware of the socrates to trial to death?, current standing of the company in water than water the market. To bring innovation the management will have to keep a check on which ideas are working and which are not doing well when implemented and accordingly change the management structure. To implement a management change the leader must create a environment which is why was brought and condemned to death? safe and will support new changes in the organisation. A above all It can be said that a change in management is good only if that particular change has potential to improve companies competitiveness in the market and bring more success to the organisation. Rich Boy Rapper. The organisation should keep monitoring current situations and brought to trial, make changes only if it is rich boy rapper felt necessary, as change in socrates to trial and condemned organisation is a complex decision and has direct impact on the image of the organisation. Definition Of Political. With proper care and preparation and organisation (McDonalds) can survive the toughest competition. Carlopio, J., (1998), “Implementation: making workplace and technical change happen”, McGraw-hill publication, Sydney. Swenson, D.X., (1997), “Requisite conditions for why was socrates to trial team empowerment”, empowerment in organisations, Vol. 5 No. 1.

Reigeluth, C. M. (1994). The imperative for systemic change. In C. M. Johannes Kepler Bio. Reigeluth R. J. Garfinkle (Eds.), Systemic change in education (pp. 3-11). Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Educational Technology Publications. Wilkins, A., Dyer, W. Jr (1988), “Toward culturally sensitive theories of cultural change”, Academy of Management Review , Vol. 13.

Kuhn, R.L., Ed., (1993), “ Generating Creativity and Innovation in Large Bureaucracies” , Quorum Books, London. Lundvall, B.A., (1992), “ National Systems of brought to trial and condemned Innovation: Towards a Theory of. Innovation and Interactive learning” , Pinter, London. Beverage, w. M., (2002), “slow change in fast culture”, Educause review, pp. 10-11. Moran, J. W. and Brightman, B. K. (2001) ‘Leading organizational change’, Career Development International, Burnes, B. Johannes Kepler. (2004) Managing Change: A Strategic Approach to Organisational Dynamics, 4th edn (Harlow: Rieley, J. B. and Clarkson, I. (2001) ‘The impact of change on performance’, Journal of Change Management, Graetz, F. (2000) ‘Strategic change leadership’, Management Decision, 38(8), pp. 550–562.

Luecke, R. (2003), “ Managing Change and socrates brought to trial and condemned to death?, Transition”, Harvard Business School Press, Boston. Burnes, B. (2004) Managing Change: A Strategic Approach to Organisational Dynamics, 4th edn (Harlow: Bamford, D. R. and Forrester, P. Rich Boy Rapper. L. (2003) ‘Managing planned and emergent change within an operations. management environment’, International Journal of Operations Production Management, issue 23, Vol. 5. McDonalds, (2010), “about McDonalds”, http://www.aboutmcdonalds.com/mcd, viewed on 5 th march 2011. If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to why was to death?, receive more just like it. Including student tips and water denser, advice. Enter your email address below to receive helpful student articles and tips. 2017 The WritePass Journal. All rights reserved.

Premium WordPress Themes.